Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Old 03-08-2018, 01:10 AM   #1
omek07

Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris Sedan
Install Atoto A6 in Yaris 20070 Sedan

Hello.

I am veryyyyyy new here and i would like your help.

i am thinking to install the Atoto A6 Android (https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07542F5PB/..._detail_2?th=1) in my Yaris. Is there any instruction for the wiring and what i have to buy for the installation???

Thank you very much for your help
omek07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 02:08 AM   #2
vivalaflam
Enthusiast

Drives: 07 Yaris HB 1.3 (EU)
Hmm, while the specs of this unit seem good, the dimensions of the product won't fit on factory faceplate. You'll need an adapter.
Alternatively, you can buy an android headunit specifically for toyota vehicles.
That'll save your time and will also save you from headaches.
Cheers
Old 03-09-2018, 11:46 PM   #3
omek07

hmmmmm from Atoto they are saying that it fit. i already have 2din the factory one

Do you have something alternative in your mind ?

thank you
Old 03-10-2018, 02:45 AM   #4
kevinj93

Drives: 2013 NCP130
The factory radio faceplate is wider than 2DIN. You would end up with a 10 millimeter gap okn each side of the head unit.

There are filler plates available to mount o n each side of the head unit, but you will still need a wiring harness adapter. Buying a head unit designed to fit a Toyota makes installation much easier, as it will usually have the correct plug in sockets on the back panel or it will come with the necessary adapter cables.
Old 03-10-2018, 12:44 PM   #5
omek07

Hello thank you for your answer.

whats the dimensions of the factory radio ?

I received an answer from Atoto and they proposed me some harnesses but i have to see if i have a factory amplifier. Does anyone know how i can see if i have amplifier ?
Old 03-10-2018, 04:42 PM   #6
kevinj93

Drives: 2013 NCP130
2DIN is 180 mm wide by 100 mm high.

The Toyota dash opening is 200 mm wide with rounded corners. The height is the same. You can find the adapters on eBay by searching for "Toyota double din side trim". These bolt on to the sides of the head unit with the mounting brackets.
Old 03-17-2018, 10:17 PM   #7
omek07

Hello.

after a lot of search i purchased the Atoto A6 Nd tomorrow i install it. its very good, very quick and easy to install.

Together i purchased and a wireless camera which i have a little bit problem to connect it because i cant find the reverse wire at the front close to the HU.
I found the wires at the reverse lights.

the only thing is to find the wires at the front, if someone knows please help .
Old 03-20-2018, 05:39 PM   #8
Shinare
Bronze bombshell yaris

Drives: 09 Yaris HB 3door
Hi,
I'm sorry for this very long post but I hope to help you with my experience. I purchased the Atoto A6 back in January and there are a few things that I ran into when installing that might add to help.

1) You will need to cut into the plastic silver surround around the head unit (the part of the Yaris dash that snaps out so you can access the head unit). When you mount the left and right yaris metal brackets to the side of the radio, the head unit sticks out too far and the silver plastic surrounding the hole is too deep and causes the yaris's plastic dash surround to not snap into the dash properly. You have to cut a recess in that plastic (I did with a dremel) the size of the actual head unit and deep enough so that the radio fits into that recess and the plastic dash can snap back into place. Do this both top and bottom of the silver surround.

2) You have to find the power to the reverse light at the back of the car as this is how the reverse camera's wires are designed to reach to. A black and red wire go to ground (find a body bolt somewhere) and reverse light power respectively and are only long enough to reach near the camera. I used the driver's side rear reverse light for power to the camera. I removed (by twisting out) the plug/light and used a vampire tap to clip in to the positive side of the reverse light. Then I twisted it back in. I ran the cable for the reverse camera from outside to inside by going up between the license plate light and the plastic bumper, down and then through to the inside through the large rubber plug in the bottom of the spare tire well. (I cut a small slit from the side of the rubber plug to slide the wire through). I drive a hatchback, not a sedan, so how you run your reverse camera wires from outside to inside may be different.

3) The FM reception of this radio IS TERRIBLE. Even making sure that I attached all the wires from the Atoto's wire harness to the metra toyota wire harness (I bought the metra 2din kit from ebay that included the radio to toyota wire harness) so that I am sure the power antenna is connected, it has very poor FM reception. It is unusable and I live literally 5 miles from the radio antennas here. I have not figured out how to fix this other than not listening to FM.

4) Do yourself a favor and IMMEDIATELY buy the steering wheel control from Atoto. The soft-buttons for volume on the front of the head unit are very hard to find when driving AND about half the time they DO NOT register your touches. In the Yaris, it is so noisy driving down the road, I am CONSTANTLY adjusting the volume up and down proportional to the speed I am traveling. The first time I almost got into a crash because I was messing with the non-responsive volume control soft buttons on the front of the head unit, I bought the steering wheel control. Its an absolute must have and has changed the experience completely. Also, having the steering wheel controls make it so much easier to answer the bluetooth phone and also use google via voice (with the big google microphone in the middle of the steering wheel control). Its almost impossible to do either without the steering wheel controls as the icons on the head unit are way to small to use while driving.

5)The radio is such a tight fit that getting it in the exact right position and secured with the bolts BEFORE you snap in the silver dash surround is virtually impossible. I suggest you leave all four bolts around the head unit slightly loose (enough that you can move the head unit slightly) then snap on the silver dash surround. THEN just tighten up the TOP TWO bolts that you can access with a screwdriver after the plastic is snapped in.

6) If you want to pick up WiFi signals further than your phone hot-spot located about 3 feet away from the wifi antenna included with the radio you will also need to shell out for the upgraded wifi antenna for this radio. The one that is included might as well be a paperclip as it has virtually no reception, and the WiFi speed is very slow. I do not have the upgraded wifi antenna, but other reviews online say the same thing as well as indicate that wifi speeds double when you use the upgraded wifi antenna. I use my phone as a hot-spot while in the car and the included wifi antenna is good enough for what I want to do.

7) One last thing: The USB port that is supposed to be "quick charge" is actually the slowest charging USB port I have ever seen. And this is using my quick charge cable that came with my LG V30. Its very dissapointing that its not even fast enough to keep up the charge when I am using hotspot. The battery still discharges faster than it is charging.

I hope those things help. Its all I can think of at the moment. I'm "OK" happy with my Atoto A6 but it really needs some improvements before I would say it is a great head unit. A lot of the things you have to purchase separately (reverse camera, wifi antenna, steering wheel controls) are included with the more expensive units. But really, what can you expect from an Android head unit that is HALF as much as the next cheapest one, and miles cheaper than the name brand ones.
Now I drive a CARMINE RED METALLIC 09 Yaris 3-door!! I'm Back!!! WooHoo!! Mods done so far: Tinted windows, Viper 211HV Remote Keyless Entry, Atoto Android headunit, backup camera, steering wheel controls

Before it was totaled I drove a 2007 Black Sand Pearl 3 Door Lift-Back M/T with 49k miles. Stock Everything except for black tint, all red badges, red dash, and stealth garage door opener. Ultra-Gauge mounted on steering wheel. A1 Electric MES Central Locks and Avital 3100 Alarm system.

Last edited by Shinare; 03-20-2018 at 07:09 PM.
Shinare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2018, 07:10 PM   #9
Shinare
Bronze bombshell yaris

I added pics since I am a colossal failure at being able to describe things. Hehe.
Now I drive a CARMINE RED METALLIC 09 Yaris 3-door!! I'm Back!!! WooHoo!! Mods done so far: Tinted windows, Viper 211HV Remote Keyless Entry, Atoto Android headunit, backup camera, steering wheel controls

Before it was totaled I drove a 2007 Black Sand Pearl 3 Door Lift-Back M/T with 49k miles. Stock Everything except for black tint, all red badges, red dash, and stealth garage door opener. Ultra-Gauge mounted on steering wheel. A1 Electric MES Central Locks and Avital 3100 Alarm system.
Old 03-21-2018, 09:25 PM   #10
omek07

Shinare thank you very much. its weird decause i dont have any problem with the fm radio.

are you sure that you connect correct the wires ???

This is what they sent me for the connections

ATOTO wires Metra wires
ACC Red
B+ Yellow
Thick GND Black
ILL Orange/White
AUTO ANT Blue
FR+ Gray
FR- Gray/Black
FL+ White
FL- White/Black
RR+ Violet
RR- Violet/Black
RL+ Green
RL- Green/Black
-------- --------
This is the connections with 70-1761 harness
Old 03-21-2018, 09:30 PM   #11
omek07

I already bought the remote control. i had problem with that and they sent me a new one that i am expecting.

For the reverse camera. I want to connect a wireless camera. So i found the cables for the reverse lights at the back of the car but now i have to find the and at the front which is a little bit difficult.
Old 03-23-2018, 02:23 PM   #12
Shinare
Bronze bombshell yaris

I just today found an app on the head unit that is called "Quick Charge". When you open the app it gives you a warning about not being able to transfer data while the quick charge port is in quick charge mode. Then allows you to set either to normal or quick charge mode. When in standard it says it is "less than an amp" charging and when in quick charge mode it is 2 amps.

I set mine on quick charge mode but my phone was already fully charged so I couldn't really test to see if it is quick charging now.

Just thought I would update my #7 point above.

Edit: Oh yeah, I think I will go ahead and get the "better" wifi antenna when I get the funds to do so. Tried downloading some aps today at lunch and it was so slow I only managed to download ONE 19MB app in 30 minutes.

Old 09-26-2020, 03:30 PM   #13
Jack Connors
I've made a post!

Drives: Camaro 1997
I am also looking to purchase the Atoto A6. Can you let me know some of its good features as you are already using it.

I checked out this review https://speakershunter.com/atoto-a6-review/ and found it very helpful as I don't have good experience with the head units before.

I will appreciate if you could help me here.
Thank you
Jack Connors is offline   Reply With Quote