Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Regional Forums > Canada
  The Tire Rack

Old 06-29-2007, 10:37 PM   #1
Canadian_R32

Drives: Audi A3
GTA West End dealerships?

I'm looking for some feedback from anyone that has good experience with dealerships in the west end of the GTA... specifically Mississauga area... I know there's only a couple, but I'd be willing to drive perhaps to Milton and Yorkdale area if there are exceptionally amazing Toyota dealerships that way
Canadian_R32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 10:45 PM   #2
uncleyaris

Drives: 2007 Bayou Blue!!!!!!!
Paul Coffee toyota Bolton, Great service, a small dealership never had an issue!!
uncleyaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 11:15 AM   #3
voodoo22

Drives: Yaris Sedan (auto)
The first Toyota place I dealt with was Erin Park. I took my truck their for it's first service. It took them over an hour and a half to change the oil. After a while I decided I would test drive a Yaris, because I was considering one. The salesman came up to me and asked me what I thought of it. I asked him if I could take it for a test drive and he asked me if I was really looking to buy or if I was just wasting his time. I didn't get his name, but I walked away and complained to the manager and never took my Toyota truck back there.

I went to Oakville for my next service and they were great, but it's just too far to drive.

Then, I went to Milton and they were nice enough, but slow moving unorganized and ended up wasting my time. I dealt with someone named Carlos. Even though I told them that my fathers sells Toyota's in another province, I knew their exact markup and all I wanted was a fair price on my trade in, they still tried to rip me off. I would not reccomend them.

Overall I find service in the GTA lacking, but if I had to buy a Toyota around where you live, I would think it's worth the drive to Oakville and avoid the other dealers.

**I take back all positive remarks made about Ken. He's turned out to be a do the bare minimum salesperson who has not helped us resolve the problems we've had with our car. He even lied to us that a rental car we received while they fixed the unprofessional job they did when they installed our electrochromatic mirror. They actually charged us $15 for gas on the rental car we had to drive because they screwed up our second Yaris.

We would not recommend anyone deal with Don Valley Toyota under any circumstances.

Last edited by voodoo22; 08-07-2007 at 09:18 PM.
voodoo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 11:41 AM   #4
Canadian_R32

Drives: Audi A3
Quote:
Originally Posted by voodoo22 View Post
The first Toyota place I dealt with was Erin Park. I took my truck their for it's first service. It took them over an hour and a half to change the oil. After a while I decided I would test drive a Yaris, because I was considering one. The salesman came up to me and asked me what I thought of it. I asked him if I could take it for a test drive and he asked me if I was really looking to buy or if I was just wasting his time. I didn't get his name, but I walked away and complained to the manager and never took my Toyota truck back there.

I went to Oakville for my next service and they were great, but it's just too far to drive.

Then, I went to Milton and they were nice enough, but slow moving unorganized and ended up wasting my time. I dealt with someone named Carlos. Even though I told them that my fathers sells Toyota's in another province, I knew their exact markup and all I wanted was a fair price on my trade in, they still tried to rip me off. I would not reccomend them.

Finally I went to Don Valley Toyota. I haven't heard great things about them, but through a friend I know a lexus salesman; Ken Yokoyama. We went for two test drives (sedan & hatchback), I told him the same thing I told milton. He went away to crunch the numbers and we purchased our Yaris from him. Very professional and great service from Ken. I don't know if you'd have the same experience, because Ken may not normally sell Yaris's as he's a lexus salesman.

Overall I find service in the GTA lacking, but if I had to buy a Toyota around where you live, I would think it's worth the drive to Oakville and avoid the other dealers.
I used to work at Lexus of Oakville as a service advisor so I know some of the guys at Oakville Toyota, and the owner as well... they're a hit or miss type of dealership.. I went to dixie automall and so far have gotten the best service there.. it was a new salesman, and being a new car salesman myself (at Audi), I though he did a decent job... I don't expect amazing discounts, just quality service... so ya.. so far Oakville and 401 Dixie are on top of my list
Canadian_R32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 03:39 PM   #5
Sway84

Drives: 07 Yaris HB
Send a message via MSN to Sway84
the one at lawrence and yonge i bought mine from was pretty decent...helped me through everything and we will see how long it takes for them to do an oil change, doing it wednesday

Ron Cabading
Sway84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 06:18 PM   #6
Pars

Drives: 07 Yaris Liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sway84 View Post
the one at lawrence and yonge i bought mine from was pretty decent...helped me through everything and we will see how long it takes for them to do an oil change, doing it wednesday
I think your better off if they take their time with the oil change. Mainly, to make sure all the bad oil drips out of the car before dropping it which could take some time. I'd be a little leery if the oil change was done in record time.

In my case, ive got it easy, I usually land in downtown (toyota on front) at around rush hour when everyone is in a mad rush to evacuate the core. So, they're always able to fit me in, even though I only give them about 10min heads-up. My wait period is less then an hour, but I don't mind the wait, I like being around Toyotas. Plus their coffee isn't bad. Now, if they had Go-Go dancer in the waiting room, I'd be their every week insted of every month.
Pars is offline   Reply With Quote