Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Wheels, Tires and Suspension Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 11-05-2006, 09:28 AM   #1
MrMondayNite

Drives: 07 Yaris LB
Will S Sedan Alloys Fit on A Liftback?

Hi I just won on ebay the 15inch OEM Alloys that come on the S Sedan. When I went to go put the alloys on my Liftback I noticed 2 things , 1st thing I noticed was when I put the alloys on, the threads did not come out as far as they did with the steel wheels. With the steel wheels they thread preety much all the way on the lug nut, but with the alloys, it only threads about 3/4 of the lug nuts. Next thing that I noticed on the alloys where the lug nuts go, the circles(marks left from the old lug nuts) are bigger(Wider) than where my lug nuts fit. So I think the alloys lug nuts are bigger(Wider) than my steel wheel lug nuts. Do these rims actually properly fit my liftback? And do I need different lug nuts to properly fit these rims? I will have photos posted soon.Any help would be appreciated. Thanks,
MrMondayNite
04 BMW 330 XI (Traded in)
03 VW Jetta GLX VR6 (gave to Dad)
01 Civic EX (gave to Mom)
MrMondayNite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 10:40 AM   #2
johnnyfive

Drives: 2007 Yaris S
the alloy lugnuts have a little washer attached to the back side of the nut, and this is the larger rubbed circle you saw on your new rims, and as said above, you can get the lugs you need at your dealer ship :)
johnnyfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 01:39 PM   #3
MrMondayNite

Drives: 07 Yaris LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyfive
the alloy lugnuts have a little washer attached to the back side of the nut, and this is the larger rubbed circle you saw on your new rims, and as said above, you can get the lugs you need at your dealer ship :)
Thanks Johnnyfive and Echo_hrs I will go to my dealership on Monday and pick up the alloy lug nuts. I've driven the car around my block a couple of times and it seems fine, do you think it is safe enough for me to drive it to my dealership, it is about 5 miles away. Thanks again,
MrMondayNite
04 BMW 330 XI (Traded in)
03 VW Jetta GLX VR6 (gave to Dad)
01 Civic EX (gave to Mom)
MrMondayNite is offline   Reply With Quote