Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 01-31-2011, 10:49 AM   #1
vinny121

Drives: 2007 Yaris Sedan
Exclamation Yaris ABS and Brake warning lights stay on

Hi all,

The other day, I stated my Yaris and noticed that the ABS and brake warning lights stayed on. So I looked in the owners manual and it said to take the vehicle to the Toyota dealer. So I called my local dealer and spoke with an advisor and told him about the warning lights. He said that I could drive the car to the dealership. The next question, I had was how much would it cost since I had 74K miles on it and no extended warrantee. They said there is a minimum diagnostic charge of $100 to look at this issue (applied to the repair). Instead I went online to look to see if anyone else had this issue. I found posts on this website and followed the procedure on Axle maintenance, section AH-14 (part of the Toyota Yaris maintenance manuals) about the faulty rear skid control sensor connection. In my garage, I jacked the right rear end of my car to take a look. I did not remove the tire since the sensor connector wire can be accessed without removal of the tire. I used a small screw driver to insert it in the bottom most part of the sensor below the clip, then angled the screwdriver up. Then the sensor could be pulled off. I cleaned it with a rag then applied dielectric grease to the black plastic where the parts mate. I reconnected the sensor then repeated for the other side. As soon as I turned on my Yaris, I noticed that the warning lights are off. I hope this helps someone else.
vinny121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 11:57 AM   #2
Bluevitz-rs
1NZ-6spd

Drives: '05 6-Spd Vitz RS
http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11533
Bluevitz-rs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 12:02 PM   #3
vinny121

Drives: 2007 Yaris Sedan
Wish I saw these pics sooner

It's outlined with some good pictures in this thread: