Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-03-2019, 06:02 PM   #1
Crown

Drives: 05 Crown Victoria, 14 Yaris
Question 2014 LE Transmission fluid question...

Hey all, a lifelong Ford man with a Yaris needs some advice

A little background: I recently inherited a 2014 Yaris LE 3D with 4500 miles. It was owned by an elderly relative since new and sat in a carport the majority of it's life, infrequently going on pretty much only short trip driving (usually 2-5 miles round trip under 30mph). I've changed the oil when I got it, as it was 2-3 year old oil...

1) Would it be wise to change out the ATF on this? I do know it's the BS "lifetime" fluid, but everyone knows about that marketing gimmick.

2) I was thinking just to do a drain and fill... (as I don't think these have an actual filter) with a compatible ATF, presumably Valvoline MaxLife, which is a thin synthetic ATF meeting specs of T-IV and WS.

3) I have done drain/fills on some 1st gen tundra sealed transmissions, where you need to do all that nonsense with getting the trans to a certain temp, poking your finger in the "check hole" etc... these just have a regular drain bolt, right?
Crown is offline   Reply With Quote