Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Old 08-10-2016, 02:32 AM   #19
a400
Ryan

Drives: 2013 Yaris LE 4 dr
Does the AFE short arm sound fit this car ? Is it too loud ? I'm seeing one for sale locally and interested. Asking $200 Cdn, try to get for 150.

Had a k and n on a past truck and when stepped on it, felt like the truck was gonna rip apart

Last edited by a400; 08-10-2016 at 02:51 AM.
a400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2016, 09:04 PM   #20
SirDigby

Drives: 2007 yaris 3 door
the main thing to remember is that the air flow sensor is a hot wire style. if you go with an oiled filter I recommend cleaning it first, and SUPER lightly oiling it yourself. the oil can atomize and stick inside your air sensor. I use a dry weave. (Ingen) you can't see it cause it's in the fender.
it's blue
SirDigby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 12:05 PM   #21
rabbito

Drives: 2012 Toyota Yaris Sedan (Vios)
had simota...them cone looking thing with plastic wrap around it...makes very loud noise...i mean it sounds so loud its embarassing lol....so i changed them to k&n drop in for now...

hks sri on the way...it has velocity stack inside the cone thats why i ordered them..hope it helps...lol

Sent from my SM-J700F using Tapatalk
Electric: Volt Stablizer & Multi gauge obd2
Cosmetic: Toyota red emblem
rabbito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 05:58 PM   #22
MUSKOKA800

Drives: '08 Yaris Sedan, Aero Package
I've run a K&N drop-in since purchasing my 2008 sedan. Got it on sale at Part Source. Saved the stock filter to use during the K&N cleaning process. That filter was one of the few items I salvaged when the 2008 was wrecked. Using in now in the replacement 2007. I guess I've saved a few $ not buying paper filters over the past 8 years.

Aftermarket Goodies: Piggies SS, K&N Drop-In, Blitz S/C, DC Header, NST Pulley)

Toyota Options/Accessories: Sport Pedal Covers, Sport Shift Knob, Ipod Interface, Summer Mats, Winter Mats, Cruise Control, Auto-Dim Mirror, Echo steelies with winter boots.
MUSKOKA800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2016, 11:31 PM   #23
tarkus

Drives: 2006 Yaris RS 3-Door
I just put in an AFE Pro DRY filter around 10 days ago. [edit: I also removed the thin carbon filter thing from inside the lid of the airbox.] The engine runs smoother and seems less choked when accelerating hard. So in my opinion, it's more about how the car feels rather than a big numerical increase in horsepower (which there isn't).

I had a K&N in a previous car, but was never really keen on the oil thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeeYari View Post
That's debatable and "illegal"..
Why would removing the carbon filter be "illegal"? I've done it now, anyway. :-)

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

Last edited by tarkus; 09-12-2016 at 11:09 AM.
tarkus is offline   Reply With Quote