Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

Old 02-06-2009, 09:42 AM   #1
justjesus

Drives: 2008 Liftback
Tach Installed & Temp Wheels On

I installed my Apexi tach a couple of weeks ago, and wanted to post a pic. A video too, if I figure out how to do it ;)
I don't necessarily need a tach, but the price was good and I needed to dispose of a Visa Gift Card that was giving me headaches. So, I bought the used tach from Garm. THANKS GARM (great packaging, super speedy shipping!)

At night:

Video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Q7Jp_3kmCU

And here are my temp wheels. Temp, because I'm "borrowing" them from my CRX. I hadn't intended to use these wheels til I got my CRX painted (not anytime soon), but my friend wanted to do a canyon run and there's no way in hell I was going to roll on the stock steelies! The canyon run was the other reason for the tach install. Don't want to redline the engine. D'OH.

The wheels are 15x6.5 Racing Hart CPO-35s. They are super light (sub 9lbs). Tires are Kumho's ASTs. Those tires came with the wheels. Let me tell you, running these wheels made a nice difference with acceleration. Passing on the freeways is easier as well. The one thing I don't like, is that the overall diameter is a tad smaller than stock. No biggie.

Racing Hart:

I do intend to lower the car eventually, but I'm still trying to decide my overall goals for the car so I don't make the wrong choice.

Last edited by justjesus; 02-07-2009 at 01:21 AM.
justjesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 10:16 AM   #2
Tamago
Start another Oil Thread!

Drives: ZZW30
Send a message via AIM to Tamago Send a message via Yahoo to Tamago
looks good, but yeah, next set of tires you should go to a 55wall IMO.
I hate people like you (xbgod) because your the reason I don't come to this board. You spout nonsense and lies and people who don't know any better hold you in high regards because they can't tell the wheat from the chaff.
you nailed it sir.
Tamago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 10:32 AM   #3
justjesus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamago View Post
looks good, but yeah, next set of tires you should go to a 55wall IMO.
Something like that! But, I need to finish off my 205/40-16s on my Enkei Zokus. I'm gonna try the Enkeis, see how I like them. I think, though, ultimately I'll end up with 15's again.
Old 02-06-2009, 04:35 PM   #4
Nagoya_TRD.

Drives: None.
Nice tachometer. Looks clean.
Nagoya_TRD. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 01:26 AM   #5
justjesus

Thanks.

It's a nice tach. I'm an Autometer guy, from my old muscle car days, but had to try this one out cuz of the price, functions, etc.

Built in warning light (user programmable), 30 sec memory, has hook up for external shift light, and peak function. I also like that it's a fairly thin unit, light, and can rev to 12K (May need 10k for my CRX in the future). Overall, i'm very happy with it. Sorry Autometer :(

ADDED the link for the video. I have my warning light set a little lower than redline. Just personal preference