Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 05-18-2009, 09:46 PM   #19
DerFlosser

Drives: Yaris
I guess it depends on your demographics as well. I bought my Yaris for $14K and that's because my wife's uncle is a next door neighbor and friend of the dealership owner. They can't keep the Yaris on the lot. There is NO WAY a Yaris is selling for less than sticker at this dealership.
DerFlosser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 09:54 PM   #20
1NZYaris1

Drives: Yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by regal View Post
I bought a new Yari for 12K last month, thought I got a good deal, but now with this economy and the fact that the Yaris is flat out not selling I am wondering if we will be seeing $9k Yari soon ?
You would if Toyota ever imported the 1.0ltr Yaris , into America
Then watch you guy's complain about the lack of power
1NZYaris1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 11:42 PM   #21
firemachine69
School'er of hard knocks

Drives: Silver Yaris 4dr. HB
Quote:
Originally Posted by yaris-me View Post
Five years ago you could buy a stripped down Accent for $9K. You can not anymore. I don't think $9K is a reality unless Toyota comes out with a Tata-Yaris.

Umm, we can still order a stripped Accent for 10k'ish in Canada...
firemachine69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 02:03 AM   #22
JBougie
Banned

Drives: 2010 Yaris LB (Prev: 07 Sedan)
Quote:
Originally Posted by staticorex View Post
+1. And I'm a Nissan fan.
+2 ... I LOVE Nissan, the best car I ever owned besides my Yaris was my Maxima.

I am extremely happy with my Yaris, and don't regret any of the $15k I spent on her :)
JBougie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 10:15 AM   #23
regal

Drives: 09 Yaris 3 Dr White LB
I had an Accent. It was about 6 years old and needed brakes, the brake disc was integrated to the hub. A $50 brake job was $1000 in parts doing it yourself. Took it to the scrap yard and got $200 for a 60k mile car, never again will I buy a Hyandai.

Really I believe with the economy the $12k Yaris I just bought will be selling for $9k in the fall. The Japanese have very low margins and can recovery thru bad times by slashing prices.

Hell I just bought a hooker who was an unemployed Registered Nurse! If an RN can't get a real job we are near a great depression.
regal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 11:49 PM   #24
Kal-El

Drives: 07 Yaris S Sedan 5-Speed
Quote:
I had an Accent. It was about 6 years old and needed brakes, the brake disc was integrated to the hub. A $50 brake job was $1000 in parts doing it yourself. Took it to the scrap yard and got $200 for a 60k mile car, never again will I buy a Hyundai.
Don't judge Hyundai based on the 1st gen (assumed by age) Accent. Hyundai was still junk back then, but they are now among the highest rated in quality/reliability. The new Accent is very well built and a nice car.

Quote:
Hell I just bought a hooker who was an unemployed Registered Nurse!
Dude.
Kal-El is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 12:05 AM   #25
Kal-El

Quote:
Originally Posted by staticorex View Post
Well that's your opinion. I don't like the Venza at all. :p But that aside... I was comparing them because I was looking for a vehicle with AWD and extra storage space. They both have AWD optional and have close to the same space. One's just taller than the other. But the Rouge starts at 20k for the 4cyl while the Venza starts at 30k for the same power and much more weight. I was just wondering why the extra 10k for a vehicle half the size and no extra features the Rouge doesn't already have?? And when I went to Toyota and asked, all the salesmen looked up the stats and sat there stumped. They couldn't give me an answer either.
The Venza starts at $25,975 (not $30K). $30K buys you the top AWD V-6 model. This makes it about $5K more than the base Rogue.

You state that the Rogue is twice the size, a clear exaggeration of course, but it should be noted that the Venza is larger in every dimension other than height.

It really is amusing to think that the Rogue is comparable to the Venza.

The Venza could easily pass as a Lexus - look at the luxury interior. 19" wheels even!

The Roque is an economy SUV. Compare below.

The Venza is worth more than the $5K premium over Rogue.

If the Toyota sales people couldn't answer this question, then they need to find a new line of work because they know nothing about cars.
Attached Images

Old 05-22-2009, 03:26 PM   #26
Pars

Drives: 07 Yaris Liftback
If u're comparing toyota and nissan, the Rav4 is the Rogue's direct compition. I took the rogue for 3 test drives before settled on the Rav4. The 4cyl Rav4 has a nicer interior, more refined driving charateristic, faster off the lights and a significnaly better awd system.

The Venza is a bigger car then the Rav4 with a nicer interior and better seats, both front and back. It's a more upscale car, (more car then truck) which justify the extra price premium.
Pars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 10:12 PM   #27
Shroomster
'07 to '12:2 wipers to 1?

Drives: '12 5-door LE & '14 5-door LE
I just wish toyota would get away from slatted a/c vents.... when the ball/louvre type break or fall apart it's a quick cheap fix....
Shroomster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 11:09 PM   #28
Kal-El

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shroomster View Post
I just wish toyota would get away from slatted a/c vents.... when the ball/louvre type break or fall apart it's a quick cheap fix....
Well, the ball types are considered cheaper and sometimes gets criticized in more expensive cars.
Old 05-22-2009, 11:16 PM   #29
regal

Drives: 09 Yaris 3 Dr White LB
Its amazing to be watching the entire auto industry crashing, I am still seriously thinking toyota will have deep discounts once the tax returns run out.
regal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 11:20 PM   #30
mr9865
$10.25/hr frying chicken

Drives: 2012 Yaris L
well they have 1000 off yaris now and 1000 more if your a college grad, not bad
mr9865 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 11:24 PM   #31
Tamago
Start another Oil Thread!

Drives: ZZW30
Send a message via AIM to Tamago Send a message via Yahoo to Tamago
FYI, a 2006 toyota ECHO is STILL going for around $6000 (remember, this is the Yaris' daddy)

good luck finding a new Yaris for $9000 ;)
I hate people like you (xbgod) because your the reason I don't come to this board. You spout nonsense and lies and people who don't know any better hold you in high regards because they can't tell the wheat from the chaff.
you nailed it sir.
Tamago is offline   Reply With Quote