Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-12-2011, 01:04 PM   #1
netspec239
YarisCraze

Drives: 2008 Yaris Type S
CHECK ENGINE !!! Dealer Blames (Oil Control Valve)

Hi All,

I've had an issue with my 2008 Yaris Sedan for a while now and the dealership hasn't been able to determine the issue.

CHRONOLOGICAL PROCESS OF ISSUE:
1. Check Engine Turns On
2. Transmission Disengages (or it seems).
3. The Engine sounds like it's accelerating.
4. Gas pedal stops responding.
5. Your heart almost stops from the scare.
6. You have to pull over and restart the car for it to start working again.

The dealership is trying to tell me that the issue is caused by the (CAMSHAFT TIMING OIL CONTROL VALVE ASSEMBLY). This part is depicted in page LU-14 of the PDF on the following link: http://www.etimago.com/yaris/repairm...ubrication.pdf

The dealership is not totally sure that this is the issue; however, they want me to pay $500 to replace it. This is after replacing the carpet and gas pedal since they originally thought it had a sticky pedal issue (even though the Yaris wasn't part of the recall).

Could someone please shed some light on this matter. I don't plan to reconstruct the whole car to find the issue. At the dealership's labor rate it may be cheaper to buy a new brand new Yaris.
netspec239 is offline   Reply With Quote