Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 03-03-2007, 10:08 AM   #73
Violin

Drives: 2007 Yaris LB Auto
Violin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 10:59 AM   #74
BokChoi
Mada Mada Dane...

Drives: Toyota Yaris LB
EllO LITTLE BABY!!!
Old 03-03-2007, 12:52 PM   #75
Nutzoids

Drives: 07 Yaris Liftback
Yeah... So?

I'm Fragile

Nutzoids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 06:42 PM   #76
Chris07LB
Super Moderator

Drives: Yaris Liftback
Life can be a bitch cant it?
Chris07LB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2007, 12:14 PM   #77
marcus
toyota

Drives: 2007 Yaris RS Blazed
kewl..

although i really want my fogs as drl then go with bi-xenon hid (got to try eagle eye)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris07LB View Post
FYI they make high/low H4 HID kits.

I chose to go with only a low beam H4, and turn my fogs into high's like Violin did.
marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 07:02 PM   #78
Ric n Sov's Vitz RS
Waiting to be SC'ed

Drives: 07 RS LB mt 5 door polar white
Send a message via MSN to Ric n Sov's Vitz RS
Okay so today I installed my hid kit and unplugged the relay switch like mentioned.... however it is also some how is connected to the fogs... so when I wanna use my full headlight system with fogs on too it will not work... in short dissableling the relay will cause your fogs not to work.

Is this true or is my case somthing speacial? BTW my fogs came with the car not aftermarket.

Thanks in advance for your answers guys.

-Rick
Ric n Sov's Vitz RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 07:33 PM   #79
Chris07LB
Super Moderator

Drives: Yaris Liftback
Somone already mentioned this somewhere in this post... when i wrote the DIY, it was off my car that didnt come with fogs, so I dont have an answer for ya.
Chris07LB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2007, 08:34 PM   #80
SailDesign

Drives: .
In theory, using "under-the-bumper" lights with high beams is illegal. I say "in theory" becasue very few cops even realise it until you tell them to look it up. Rally-style "on-top-of-the-bumper" spots are the legal high-beam auxiliaries. Theory (again) is that since high beams are worse for fog vision, then there is no reason to turn on the fogs with high beam. Above the bumper lights are MUCH more useful for high-beam driving anyway, since their height gives a better view ahead (less affected by small bumps in the road)
SailDesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 09:40 AM   #81
barryware

Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback
I can't get the darn plug off the relay. I cant get the relay out of the bracket that is pop riveted to the car.

I'm gonna break something if I keep pulling.

WTF
barryware is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 09:51 AM   #82
Doc Zaius
Lurker supreme!

Drives: old and boosted!
It took me about 10 minutes of uncomfortable contorsions and a few scraped knuckles to pop the plug off the relay. It can be done... just wiggle it and be patient!
Old 04-04-2007, 09:59 AM   #83
AlphaFox

Drives: 07' Yaris Liftback - silver
Take the box off the bracket before you try to unplug it.. it seems impossible at first, but it just slides off which gives you some room to unplug the connector.
AlphaFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 10:04 AM   #84
barryware

Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback
The clip on the plug.... Do you squeeze it toward the connector to release or do you pry it away?

I can't see it. I was working on my kids motorcycle and I was trying to un-do a wire connector.. Turns out I had to pull the clip away from the plug. By looking at it, I would have bet a years salary you had to squeeze the clip.
barryware is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 10:14 AM   #85
AlphaFox

Drives: 07' Yaris Liftback - silver
The box relay thing slides to the left, then it should come off the bracket. once its off I dont think there is a clip, its just on there real hard.
AlphaFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2007, 10:26 AM   #86
Doc Zaius
Lurker supreme!

Drives: old and boosted!
He's talking about the clip between the plug and the connector. And ya, its a squeeze, not a pull. So you have to squeeze it, and try to wiggle it and pull back at the same time. Not super easy... but I did it, and I have big hands.

Once its off the first time, its quite a bit easier after that. But you can also try to get the relay off the chassis there... it's just slid in real tight.
Old 04-04-2007, 11:07 AM   #87
marcus
toyota

hmm interesting...

im just about to do this..so ur saying disconnecting the drl with affect your fogs..wow you update me how you gonna run your hid..and still control the fog light as well..got the the same car yaris rs 4 dr hatch. blazed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ric n Sov's Vitz RS View Post
Okay so today I installed my hid kit and unplugged the relay switch like mentioned.... however it is also some how is connected to the fogs... so when I wanna use my full headlight system with fogs on too it will not work... in short dissableling the relay will cause your fogs not to work.

Is this true or is my case somthing speacial? BTW my fogs came with the car not aftermarket.

Thanks in advance for your answers guys.

-Rick
Old 04-05-2007, 02:18 AM   #88
Ric n Sov's Vitz RS
Waiting to be SC'ed

Drives: 07 RS LB mt 5 door polar white
Send a message via MSN to Ric n Sov's Vitz RS
Quote:
Somone already mentioned this somewhere in this post... when i wrote the DIY, it was off my car that didnt come with fogs, so I dont have an answer for ya.
Sorry I did not see that as i did not read through all 6 pages.. my bad.

Quote:
im just about to do this..so ur saying disconnecting the drl with affect your fogs..wow you update me how you gonna run your hid..and still control the fog light as well..got the the same car yaris rs 4 dr hatch. blazed!
I will post how to on here next week as i have to wait to get to the shop again... umm but my Toyota guy said he is goin to run another relay on it or somthing so that I can control everything no prob just as if it was stock but during the day time no drl. So just sit back and relax till next week...lol

On a side note... if your are using a single h4 bulp no high beam.. you can just put it to high beam during the day and you will have no lights on.. and at night just put it back to full lights on... of coarse that is with the relay plugged in.

-Rick
Ric n Sov's Vitz RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2007, 10:57 AM   #89
marcus
toyota

got an idea..

ok so putting it to high beam would that keep ur fogs on at the same time... i actually have a better idea!

id say this should work.. cut the headlight wire then cut the fog lights wire and transverse them so ur running ur headlight on fogs which means ur fogs will be on at day time ...and when headlight is turned on it will activate ur fogs which is ur hid and still have fog lights on as well.. ur just losing ur high beam..I think CHRIS will agree on me with this one.. than again he doesnt have fors

I will post how to on here next week as i have to wait to get to the shop again... umm but my Toyota guy said he is goin to run another relay on it or somthing so that I can control everything no prob just as if it was stock but during the day time no drl. So just sit back and relax till next week...lol

On a side note... if your are using a single h4 bulp no high beam.. you can just put it to high beam during the day and you will have no lights on.. and at night just put it back to full lights on... of coarse that is with the relay plugged in.

-Rick[/QUOTE]
Old 04-12-2007, 07:46 PM   #90
Nimble
Modification Condoner.

Drives: 2007 Black Sand Liftback
Did this mod today, thanks for the simple write up Chris! But I have to say, it took me about 6 min total to do mine, I vote for false advertising! hehe

Tanabe DF, Debadged, stripped, Black emblems
Nimble is offline   Reply With Quote