Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Old 08-06-2012, 12:02 AM   #2089
sqcomp
Roadrunner Jr.

Drives: 2007 Yaris S
Send a message via AIM to sqcomp
Well...don't tell my wife, but since she's moving to GWU for 15 months...I've got a plan to move my two handmade towers from the spare bedroom downstairs to the living room. That includes my old school pre amp, old school 2 x 150 amplifier, and a nice little DVD player.

*wringing hands*

I can hook up the computer to the DVD player via HDMI...let the modded music files commence!
Old 08-07-2012, 03:02 AM   #2090
sqcomp
Roadrunner Jr.

got a great amount of work done on the car today. I personally handed off the amplifiers, the DRC for the Bit One, and the dash panels to the painter today. I should see those back in a week.

The driver's side mid enclosure is re-aimed and the amp rack has a sub panel built and routered for some nice clean lines. Later this week I'll test fit the dummy amps in and make any adjustments to the sub panel. Then it'll be carpeting for the rack and false floor.

The OEM a-pillars will be back in tomorrow too. More fiberglass work for the bench seat frame sub enclosure will be happening...

AND The home setup sounds great downstairs!
Old 08-08-2012, 12:28 AM   #2091
derickveliz2

Drives: Yaris Sedan "S"
Quote:
Originally Posted by sqcomp View Post
The driver's side mid enclosure is re-aimed
AND The home setup sounds great downstairs!
So did you aim so both Mids have the same off-axis response from sweet spot? like I did or what's your plan?

Did you move everything downstairs? that was fast!

D.
Old 08-08-2012, 04:30 PM   #2092
sqcomp
Roadrunner Jr.

The mids are on the same axis now. I took the cue off of another competition vehicle. I have as yet to get everything hooked back up and sounding of though. I'll get back to you on that. It'll prolly be at the end of the month for the 3x TKE IASCA event at the coast. I'm anxious to hear what the Bit One does now with an upgraded power supply and better op-amps on the outputs. We'll see...
Old 08-10-2012, 11:02 PM   #2093
derickveliz2

I spot one of this beauties in the Parking lot, I had to park next to and take a couple of pictures... Awesome!!!

Sorry cell phone in use! crappy image quality:

D.

Old 08-10-2012, 11:03 PM   #2094
derickveliz2

Quote:
The mids are on the same axis now. I took the cue off of another competition vehicle. I have as yet to get everything hooked back up and sounding of though. I'll get back to you on that. It'll prolly be at the end of the month for the 3x TKE IASCA event at the coast. I'm anxious to hear what the Bit One does now with an upgraded power supply and better op-amps on the outputs. We'll see...
Awesome, keep us up to date!

What does it means "I took the cue off another"?

D.
Old 08-11-2012, 12:42 AM   #2095
sqcomp
Roadrunner Jr.

I was suprised how small that Scion is. It's not much larger than an RX-8.

The cue I received was from Bill Pleasant's speaker setup. We'll see how things pan out over the next couple months with the competition on the 26th and the INAC competition in Redding, CA in September. All of this is about improving the sound through competition, critical judgement, and experimentation.
Old 08-16-2012, 12:27 AM   #2096
derickveliz2

I've been cutting my a-pillars, but too much dust )O: and hard work, been careful not to break them.

And not a lot of enthusiast since the system sounds so nice without a-pillars (the plastic panels)

Any way... hitting 85K miles ready for another oil change.

I've been having problems with my latest music from i-tunes when I save it to a memory stick or make a CD some tracks won't play?

D.
Old 08-16-2012, 01:59 AM   #2097
sqcomp
Roadrunner Jr.

The files that iTunes is using must be incompatible with the ability of the deck. IIRC you have Goldwave, correct? Just save the files to a .WAV format and then put it on your flash drive.

...and yes, the difficulty with the system setups is making the end result visually appealing. This is why it's taking me sooooo long to integrate panels. I'm going to be re working the entire floorboard of my car to make it as flat as possible. I'm taking cues from Mike Peterson's T-bird. He showed me how he made his floor panels with fleece, lead shot, and carpet.

Old 08-20-2012, 07:09 PM   #2098
sqcomp
Roadrunner Jr.

It's my old man day today...so Check this out:

Just picked up a nice porterhouse, a traditional German Hefewiessen (and Coke Zero of course)

...After an hour of tinkering to create this:

^ I didn't take the time to attach the LEDs today. When I do, I'll wire them in with the trunk pin...
Old 08-21-2012, 05:13 PM   #2099
derickveliz2

Quote:
The files that iTunes is using must be incompatible with the ability of the deck. IIRC you have Goldwave, correct? Just save the files to a .WAV format and then put it on your flash drive.]
I think I got corrupted files in my PC, from an album 4 out of 15 don't play in my computer either I tried contacting itunes but no success, in my iPad they play ok.

D.
Old 08-21-2012, 05:22 PM   #2100
derickveliz2

Quote:
I'm taking cues from Mike Peterson's T-bird. He showed me how he made his floor panels with fleece, lead shot, and carpet.

Hey those tweeters in spheres look like mine!

D.
Old 08-21-2012, 05:37 PM   #2101
derickveliz2

ok, there is a song in spanish, called "Todos queremos mas" LINK and talks about how we WANT MORE AND MORE!

so I guess that is why we never finish our projects!

Some one in other forum, is going to donate me a i6SW so I can try to ply 2 woofers up front (I'll give it back after and get my own)
but for the mean time I want to play:

"I want more BASS!"

Ok, so today I added my IDQ12 woofer to my system, I had "Y" RCA connectors and split the signal of the subwoofer, I put the woofer in the back seat and control it with a my PB amp so I can filter everything above 40 Hz and let the 12" woofer play only the LOW notes.

First impression was terrible, Phase issues, so I switch the wires from the 12" Sub (IDQ12) indeterminately I felt that extra BASS but even pushing Time Alignment and with all the power of the front stage + the i6SW I can tell it's coming from the back, and it's not a lot better, for a nice Sound Quality point of view the gain on the amp to the IDQ12 is very little, I can bump it up until the car shakes but no more SQ at that point.

end of the story... that extra little BASS coming from the back is not what I like.

D.
Old 08-21-2012, 05:43 PM   #2102
derickveliz2

Next TEST is to grab one of my 10" Solo-Barics and make a small box 0.66 cf and put instead of the i6SW and see what happens,
a square box is too big and may block my MIDs but I just want to try the 10" woofer.

Once I get second i6SWs the box for 2, is going to be around 0.7 cf so it's going to be a good challenge! we'll see how it goes!

D.
Old 08-21-2012, 05:46 PM   #2103
derickveliz2

I'm glad I didn't sell my other woofers and amps,
so I can play/test and be creative with my install, I do learn a lot at the same time I'm having so much FUN!. Any suggestions are welcome!

D.
Old 08-21-2012, 06:11 PM   #2104
derickveliz2

Quote:
It's my old man day today...so Check this out:

Just picked up a nice porterhouse, a traditional German Hefewiessen (and Coke Zero of course)

...After an hour of tinkering to create this:

^ I didn't take the time to attach the LEDs today. When I do, I'll wire them in with the trunk pin...
It's nice to spend time with people we love! good for you, you are a good son! isn't your birthday this week?

Nice building the amp rack! What color LEDs lights are you going to use?

D.
Old 08-21-2012, 08:36 PM   #2105
sqcomp
Roadrunner Jr.

I'm using bright white LEDs. Notice the white paint on the inside of the rack? It's flat white. What'll happen is that when I pop the trunk, the LEDs will illuminate the rack and make the surround glow like crazy. The amps and trunk are dark...so that will further accentuate the contrast.

I got it from Jon Webb's G8 sub enclosure idea. Im going to see Jon at CES again this year. I'm glad to be able to consider him a friend. He was awarded Installer of the year in 2011...it turns out that another friend of mine, Jeremy Carlson received the 2012 Installer of the year award at MERA Knowledgefest this last weekend. JC is the one that gave me "magic juice" on my Bit One recently. Gotta love connections...

Old 08-24-2012, 11:59 PM   #2106
derickveliz2

Quote:

I got it from Jon Webb's G8 sub enclosure idea.
That is going to look AWESOME!

D.