Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Regional Forums > Canada
  The Tire Rack

Old 02-13-2009, 02:21 PM   #109
WeeYari

Drives: 06 Polar White 5dr, 13 Soul 4u
Quote:
Originally Posted by Former_Neon View Post
Well, I'm still waiting for that speed sensor and wiring harness to come in. I did get a call from the local Toyota dealership today, however, about an outstanding recall on my Yaris concerning a seat belt bezel. Anyone know anything about this one?
There are links all over the place on this recall

http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/sho...ghlight=recall

plus a few more. SEARCH is your friend.
Old 02-13-2009, 08:42 PM   #110
devinlamothe

Drives: '07 Yaris HB
So my "!" and ABS lights came on today for about 1 min, then turned back off.

WTF.

I'm getting sick of these sensors.
devinlamothe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 10:01 PM   #111
Former_Neon

Drives: 1997 Yaris LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeeYari View Post
There are links all over the place on this recall

plus a few more. SEARCH is your friend.
I just asked for information on it. I didn't ask for the attitude to go with it.
Former_Neon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 01:23 PM   #112
Jem_hadar
MORDSITH

Drives: 2007 Yaris Hatchback
Send a message via ICQ to Jem_hadar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Former_Neon View Post
I just asked for information on it. I didn't ask for the attitude to go with it.

LOL!! OMG! Hahaha
Old 02-18-2009, 11:47 AM   #113
Cedrica

Drives: 2007 Yaris sedan
Sigh...

Add me to the list. Took it in yesterday, it was just the abs light, they said there was dirt, cleaned it out and charged me $60. Was fine on the drive home. It snowed about 10 cm last night and this morning, on the way to work, not only was the abs light back on but the (!) was as well. So, I called them again and dropped it off.

They told me yesterday it was the front right wheel and they cleaned it, today was the back right wheel. They can't seem to find anything wrong and assume it's a sensor. I told them I googled it and it seems to be a common problem and the guy told me that he hadn't seen it before and today they had another including mine. Hmmmm....

He told me to fix the back wheel would be about $500. However, I'm not convinced from reading this fab thread that they even know how to properly diagnose the problem let alone fix it.

I intend to lodge a complaint somewhere and hope that there is a recall. I'm past the warranty and I have no intention of doling out hundreds and hundreds of dollars to fix a problem they don't even understand.

Last edited by Cedrica; 02-18-2009 at 12:26 PM.
Cedrica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2009, 05:04 PM   #114
YANGSTER

Drives: SILVER YARIS 2007 5DR
Happened to me too....."the combo" came on about a month ago, took to the dealer in town. $100+ later, they told me it needs a new speed sensor and bearing assembly...cuz they came as in one part...and they want $800 for that. I told them to hold the part while I voice my concerns with Toyota Canada.

3 weeks ago, the battery warning lights came on after I came back from my 2 week trip. Took to another dealership, wanted $700 for the alternator (which came back about 1 week ago). This is after I complained to TCI, they agreed to pay approximately 50% of the total cost to fix those two problems.

Now I'm thinking this should definitely be a recall issue for TCI, the problem is that we need to get our voice heard. I'm thinking we should start calling one particular customer service rep/investigator at TCI (the one who helped me to get the 50% discount/cost).....I'm sure after our "numerous" complains, at least this particular rep will voice our or her concerns to the management to take a better look. I will send the extension to everyone who PM me on this issue. Or we could organize a meet at TCI and invite the media
YANGSTER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2009, 02:22 AM   #115
punch

Drives: 2007 Yaris Sedan "D" package
wow, i came to this forum today looking for this very issue, my dash warning lights lit up a few weeks ago, and 12 hrs later went off, i presumed it was cold brake fluid, or the heavy snow/slush i drove through that day...

so add me to the victim list,, and I'm driving a 2007 sedan
Old 02-19-2009, 08:02 AM   #116
Cedrica

I informed the service guys and my dealer of this particular forum and told them some of the things being said, including about replacing the harness. They said they were going to research the issue and called me a couple of hours later confirming Toyota Canada is, in fact, aware of the problem and that the fix is to replace the wire and harness (whatever that means exactly, I have no idea :D). So, they've ordered the parts and will call me when they come in. Thankfully, I do have extended warraty to 100k and it will be covered. I currently sit at 67k, without extended I'd be SOL.
Old 02-19-2009, 08:03 AM   #117
Cedrica

Oh, and they had three come in yesterday with the same problem! That's a fairly large number given how small the community is...
Old 02-21-2009, 03:20 PM   #118
Maddman

Drives: 2007 Yaris Sedan (Aero)
So the ABS stayed on today and had to really push down the brake pedal to get the car to stop. Pretty much ran a stop sign and just about rear ended a car. It did this everytime I stepped on the brake even though i was stopped. I called the dealership and asked them if they could disable the ABS until the part came in. I took it in to them and they pulled the fuse out so now I just have regular brakes. I suggest this to everyone cause if it is a faulty sensor and the ABS activates even when you are just trying to slow down, you might not stop in time cause the ABS will just let the car "roll" until it feels like it's got traction again. The service guy at the dealership also told me that they should have done this to begin with because it is a safety concern. He also told me that there is a TSB on this. Nice of them to tell us huh?

PULL YOUR FUSE until you get the car fixed.

Last edited by Maddman; 02-22-2009 at 03:54 PM.
Maddman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 11:18 PM   #119
Former_Neon

Drives: 1997 Yaris LE
Well they called me from the Toyota dealership last Thursday and left me a message to say my part had finally arrived (after waiting for four weeks). I wasn't able to call them back on Thursday and got another voicemail on Friday saying they didn't actually have it.
I called them up and they gave me a cock-and-bull story about how they had just checked the item and found it to be broken and now have to order another, which will take "two weeks, minimum".
WTF is up with Toyota? They realize this is a problem, so they go ahead and order one at a time?
I also don't believe they just suddenly found the part was broken the day after they took delivery of it. It's more likely they sold the part to someone else because I didn't call them back within five minutes.
I'm simmering at this point.
Former_Neon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 12:00 AM   #120
onizuka

Drives: Yaris Blk 5 Drs RS
All these stories discourage me in keeping my car after my 4 yrs lease term is over. It's not like we own a beater, can't believe how that sensor can be so expensive and yet degrade so fast only within 2-3 years. I don't think corrosion is relevant to mileage, it's more relevant to ownership time. I bet that part is outsource and made in Thailand or some sort.
onizuka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 11:51 PM   #121
LostConfidence123

Add me to the list. I have a 2007 Hatchback, and I also am discouraged about the ABS and ! lights. My car's ABS activates on pavement and I have had to get someone from the dealership to look at my car twice now. Does anyone know if the problem fixes itself once the new parts are replaced in the car ? I'm from Halifax, but I see the majority of cases seem to be in Ontario.
LostConfidence123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 06:45 AM   #122
Adriaan
In between cities

Drives: 2006 yaris ce
i wonder if this problem is just a north american problem? If anyone from northern europe is viewing this thread and are not getting the same problem. Maybe we can get the sensors from europe since there better made for the cold weather. Just an idea.
Adriaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 10:17 AM   #123
LostConfidence123

Well, they fixed my left rear sensor and now the right rear sensor is posing a problem. They ordered the part for me this morning and I am hoping that once that comes in and is put in, that the problem will be solved. I'm just happy both sides are getting fixed at the same time. At least I am not driving the car around with two faulty sensors !
LostConfidence123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 06:20 PM   #124
Dave

Drives: 2007 Yaris Sedan
Has anyone who's had this problem (while still under warranty) ever demanded the dealer fix all four at the same time? It doesn't seem like an unreasonable request, being all four wheels are exposed to more-or-less the same conditions and would have nearly the same amount of wear and corrosion.
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 07:49 PM   #125
Jem_hadar
MORDSITH

Send a message via ICQ to Jem_hadar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave View Post
Has anyone who's had this problem (while still under warranty) ever demanded the dealer fix all four at the same time? It doesn't seem like an unreasonable request, being all four wheels are exposed to more-or-less the same conditions and would have nearly the same amount of wear and corrosion.
Ive had all 2 or 3 go (forget which figure). Maybe it was the 2 plus the harness now. So 3 in total.

Anyways, i bet if i ask, they'll just tell me they simply cant or wont unless it becomes a problem with an error msg.
Old 03-03-2009, 12:18 AM   #126
Bobby B
Car crazy

Drives: 06 Yaris RS 06 CR-V
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jem_hadar View Post
Ive had all 2 or 3 go (forget which figure). Maybe it was the 2 plus the harness now. So 3 in total.

Anyways, i bet if i ask, they'll just tell me they simply cant or wont unless it becomes a problem with an error msg.
My wife's came in today... an hour after I said I should probably call TCI - apparently they've been on back order since Dec. - hers went in January.

I asked if they can replace them all as well - no dice - TCI won't cover it.

While it's in they'll remove the sound deadening for the recall... apparently they just remove the foam in the pillar - not replace it...
My satisfaction is not what it once was.
Bobby B is offline   Reply With Quote