Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Modifications (Exterior/Interior)
  The Tire Rack

Old 04-15-2009, 08:24 AM   #1
severous01

Drives: 2008 yaris, stripped, red
anyone have problems with xenon-vision HID?

hey all...

i need some help. i have a set of HIDs from xenon vision and my light pattern is very sporadic. i installed them correctly and the bulbs are straight in there, just like OEM. but for some reason the light pattern is very different. it's all over the place.

the OEM headlights look very much like projectors and i was very happy with the light pattern. but for some reason the HIDs are all over the place. there is no adjustment i can make since the light is high and low. the main beam is there and i can even see the cutoff, but there is a lot of light being reflected somehow upwards.

the bulb has a metal bracket that looks like a reflector on it, should i take it off? i know the bulbs are installed correctly, and i know i didnt mess with the adjuster. the bulbs are seated and clipped as the OEM bulbs were and are in straight.

so, anyone with this kit i'd appreciate the help. i have the HID/halogen setup, not the bi-xenon kit. thanks
severous01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 07:40 PM   #2
JeremyG

Drives: Yaris Sedan Black
BUYP!

I have the same identical problem, same identical HID bulb type (mine was Bosch though) which the light output was *All Over The Place*. I wish to change to Projector headlight but if there's a cheaper way to fix that problem on our stock reflector headlight, why not? Pls share your experience and the solution!

Regards.
JeremyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 07:58 PM   #3
enviri

Drives: 2010 Yaris
look at the way its installed. are the lights installed come with halogen to the left and hid to the right like mine? i think that might be the issue. i had to aim it waaaay down.
enviri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 09:05 PM   #4
severous01

Drives: 2008 yaris, stripped, red
well i was told by phu that it's the bulb itself...we need the bi-xenon bulbs. and if you have the kit already all u need is the bulb.

here's the deal. the oem bulb is round and has a reflector type tip on the end, and emits light out to the sides (holding with tip up, light directed 360* towards u, not up or down). the hid bulb doesnt have the reflector so it's light is up, and 360*. so the light pattern is different. now the bi-xenon has the tip on the end and is just like the oem bulb, cept for the fact that it sucks in when in high mode, and pops out when in regular mode.

so what's happening here is the protector tip isnt on the bulb, we need the 'dual filament' bulb setup or bi setup.

i'll be ordering the bulbs here shortly.
severous01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2009, 09:37 PM   #5
enviri

Drives: 2010 Yaris
tell me how you hooked it up too :P i have yet found the time to figure it (the bi-xenons) out hahaha
enviri is offline   Reply With Quote