Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Old 04-05-2007, 11:48 PM   #19
nsracing
NSR

Drives: yaris
i have a better idea , someone just make a damn list of things to do and ill print the bitch off and do them. Everyone chip in and ill fuckin make one big ass list
nsracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 12:53 AM   #20
RogueYaris

Drives: 2015 Abs Red
ok well if you're serious about it and want to do some street racing (which i don't condone), what time frame are you looking at? if you have the time then look into getting a turbocharger. there is already a member here that has had is turbocharged. springs, racing headers, CAI, grounding kit, lightened crankcase pulley, CAT-back exhaust, i'd estimate about 15x7's (don't want too big, damn inertia) with some sticky tires, remove rear seat and passenger seat, spare tire etc. that's all i have for now
RogueYaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 01:09 AM   #21
forpinks

Drives: 03 Toyota Corolla S modded,
OK this is one of the best ways to win...

First off, call your Toyota dealer buddy or Mitsubishi... and ask him for a test drive of the tC or EVO IX for 2hours cause you really want one... and then call your "girl friend" and ask her to race you with the tC or EVO then

YOU "WILL" beat her pussy and ass bad dude! plus your Yaris wont have a problem with overheating,running out of fuel, ECU being screwed because lack of DC power, buying ratchets to take out the seats, waste a few miles on the odometer and more! also you get to test drive a new car for free! WINNER GETS A FREE "BJ" or something...

THIS MAKES SENSE!!!

BUT YOU JUST GOTTA LOVE IT....
forpinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 02:14 AM   #22
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Drives: lil red 5-door
Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
as much as I hate to say it, cheapest way to get the yaris fast in a straight line, nitrous...

Bye bye 1NZ...
eTiMaGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 02:38 AM   #23
ChinoCharles
Banned

Drives: LB
I have never before seen a thread I was totally unaware of that got to the second page with so many hilarious posts in it.

Nominee: Thread of the Year 2007

Thomas said it. $500 and you might stand a chance. NAWS.
ChinoCharles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 02:40 AM   #24
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Drives: lil red 5-door
Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
two bottles... the big ones...

sorry, just had to add that. Careful with your manifold, though...

Bye bye 1NZ...
eTiMaGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 05:14 PM   #25
whooppee777
I used to have 1700 posts

Drives: 2008 Yaris Hatch
Send a message via AIM to whooppee777
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlintS View Post
Take every single piece of weight out of your car. Make sure you have just enough gas to race and get to a gas station.. I would recomend a Cold Air Intake First, Springs and struts next, after that a short shifter, then a few cheap goodies like grounding wires, pullies, etc.. The stock intake sux, but at the same time, the suspension will lunge so bad you cant really launch. I am hoping for some motor mounts to come out soon as well...
what are grounding wires?
whooppee777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 06:14 PM   #26
joey1320

Drives: Yaris LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by whooppee777 View Post
what are grounding wires?

pretty self explanatory... is a kit that adds more grounding points for you engine electrical circuit.
joey1320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 12:22 AM   #27
Sabretooth
37HSSV

Drives: '11 Mazdaspeed 3
Send a message via AIM to Sabretooth
Quote:
Originally Posted by turboyaris View Post
flux capacitor
Or just use your time travelling technology to go back in time to buy a Yaris TS
Sabretooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 12:28 AM   #28
captainzerocool
CAMRY FTW!

Drives: Camry LE V-6 (225,000+ miles)
The absolute fastest way to make a Yaris fast is to sell it and buy... something faster.

I have no imagination.
captainzerocool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 12:56 AM   #29
Nutzoids

Drives: 07 Yaris Liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by forpinks View Post
OK this is one of the best ways to win...

First off, call your Toyota dealer buddy or Mitsubishi... and ask him for a test drive of the tC or EVO IX for 2hours cause you really want one... and then call your "girl friend" and ask her to race you with the tC or EVO then

YOU "WILL" beat her pussy and ass bad dude! plus your Yaris wont have a problem with overheating,running out of fuel, ECU being screwed because lack of DC power, buying ratchets to take out the seats, waste a few miles on the odometer and more! also you get to test drive a new car for free! WINNER GETS A FREE "BJ" or something...

THIS MAKES SENSE!!!

I CONCUR!

Nutzoids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 01:13 AM   #30
yrsdrgn

Drives: 2007 Yaris
Send a message via AIM to yrsdrgn
tttt ROFL
Old 04-07-2007, 11:15 AM   #31
FlintS

Drives: 2007 Yaris S Sedan
List:
1. Remove all unwanted weight. (Floor Mats, Spare Tire, Jack, Low Gas, empty beer bottles.. anything that is not bolted in and moves...)
2. Cold Air Intake. (Better throttle response, a few ponies....)
3. Short shifter (the stocker has way to much throw in it for quick shifts)
4. Springs (helps get rid of the squatting at the launch)
5. Struts (You already have the springs out... also helps with squatting)
Your up to a grand with those mods....
if you still have money...
6. Exhaust ( not to noticable, but will help slightly)
7. Headers (with intake and exhaust already you will need headers)
8. pulleys ( frees up a little more power)
your up to $1500 now....
9. Your next big move would be bigger light weight rims and tires. (I run 205-40-17. The 205 is a ton of more grip then our stock 185 or whatever they were..)
Now that your well over $2000. Call it good and learn how to drive it. After that there is only one more thing you can do..
10. Turbo (Need I saw more?)
FlintS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 11:18 AM   #32
ChinoCharles
Banned

I dont know what calculator you're using, but what you have listed there is well over "well over $2000."
Old 04-07-2007, 11:31 AM   #33
FlintS

I bet it is within a couple hundy either way. Intake $200, Shifter $150, springs $200, struts $400, exhaust $200, Headers $200, Pulleys $125, rims and tire package $600.. All the rum and beer for the installs...$400... (plus or minus on that one) what is that $2125 retail. Buy used or group buy and it gets under $2000 real quick..... Just my $.02...
Old 04-08-2007, 01:23 PM   #34
Nimble
Modification Condoner.

Drives: 2007 Black Sand Liftback
Don't disagree with chino, he's the resident shit disturber. can't you read? Besides, he'll unleash a fury of indiglo neons on you the world hasn't seen. It will be painful.

Tanabe DF, Debadged, stripped, Black emblems
Nimble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 03:37 PM   #35
ChinoCharles
Banned

Nimble, I'd retaliate but you're so insolent and destitute I'll just let you speak for yourself. But hey, by all means... keep following me around the boards knocking my every word. Makes you look sweet.

$200 exhaust? Sounds a little cheap for something that belongs on the track. You can triple that for the real deal. $600

Pulleys, double it. $125 for the crank pulley, but there are a couple others you'll want. $250

Rims will cost you 400 bucks at the low end, so unless you're getting bargain rubber (which you won't do if you really want to "go fast") that price was a little low too. Say $850 for cheap rims with nice tires installed.

You're looking at 3 to 4 grand depending on how much quality you're looking for. I'm not nit-picking Flint, just trying to "keep it real."
Old 04-08-2007, 04:37 PM   #36
FlintS

All you need is the crank pulley. I am not talking about a full on j pipe back exhaust, just a simple bolt on.. Cat back is all you need. I know I bought Some Kosei K1Ts rims that are lighter then stock. 17's with bridgetone G009tires. The best track/street tires I have had.. they were like $650 shipped to my door. Deals are out there, you juat have to smart about what you buy... by the way, what exhaust are you looking at for $600??? It is a simple cat back 2.25" piping... I have bought full turbo back for a little more in 3" for all my other cars.. Chino, Not trying to dis you in any way, I am just stating that if you are smart enough you can do it all for a lot less then many think.. I have spent my whole life in this industry and I laugh at all the kids that come into spending full retail plus some to fix up there cars... Once again not to dis, but there are deals out there to be had...