Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Old 04-14-2007, 03:13 PM   #19
turboyaris

Drives: 2007 Yaris Sedan
Send a message via AIM to turboyaris
i didn't change plugs so i'm guessing the ecu compensates, although the only time you usually have to change plug temps is if you go boosted or raise the boost real high. and i don't think that is really the case with these wires. on normal plug wires i agree with you highly conductive with a great core. however i don't see how that would benefit if your car had coils right over your plug. adding a stretch of wire would actually cause a slight power loss. Plus i'm just saying what nology says, that its the capacitor built into the wire that gives it the extra spark.
turboyaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 03:25 PM   #20
Galavoxx

Drives: Yaris Hatch
Either way, they look the biz and I'm sure you just bought yourself a few hp!!
Galavoxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 03:45 PM   #21
turboyaris

Drives: 2007 Yaris Sedan
Send a message via AIM to turboyaris
yea they work i can feel a difference the rpms seem to go by a little quicker. I just don't like the stock install location looks a little tacky so I will be needing to move that around.
turboyaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2007, 04:51 PM   #22
Spades
The Hated One

Drives: 07 White Manual Sedan
well, I will be adding plug wires when I get some $$$, and those look like a good fit.

As far as looks go, I will just do like I have done on my other cars, make a aluminum plate to cover up the ugly performance mods. You can make them out of either polished aluminum with no paint, or junk aluminum and paint it to match the car...you can even stick a toyota and vvti sticker on the plate you make...if you know what you are doing they turn out quite nicely.