Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > New YARIS Purchase Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 04-22-2009, 06:44 PM   #1
Blowtorch

Drives: 2009 Yaris, Silver Sedan
Looking to buy - question on cruise control

Hello,

If I go though with this, I'll purchase the '09 four door model with the power package. My disappointment is that the car no longer comes with cruise control. Does anyone know how much extra it is for the sedan (probably depends on the dealer - if so, did anyone else pay extra for theirs for their '09 sedan)?

This is an awesome website. I am hoping that I can workout a good deal, because I'd love to post on a site like this as a Yaris owner.

I've had my 2001 Oldsmobile Alero for six years now, and while it has been a great car, I'm ready for a change.
Blowtorch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 06:49 PM   #2
Grandieri

Drives: 2010 Matrix
Go for it. You'll never regret it!
Grandieri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 07:05 PM   #3
mryaris

Drives: 2010 Carmine Red hatchback
I have an '09 hatchback with the power package and I got factory cruise.....it wasn't standard or part of the power package though. I paid $250 for it. I imagine it is the same price on the sedan.

Last edited by mryaris; 04-24-2009 at 04:35 PM. Reason: mistyped price
mryaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 07:07 PM   #4
brainless twit

Drives: 2009 base sedan
Why would it no longer come with cruise control? I am driving an 09 sedan with power package and it came with cruise.
brainless twit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 07:47 PM   #5
YarisOwnersDad
Is now a Corolla S Owner

Drives: 2010 Corolla S
Looks to me like the only two power packages offered both have cruise control. One has alloy wheels and one has steel wheels, but they both have cruise control.

As a recent buyer of a brand new 2009 Yaris Sedan, I say "go for it." It's a great little car!

Tom
YarisOwnersDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 07:54 PM   #6
PreciousPups4U
I really LOVE this car!!!

Drives: 08 Bayou Blue LB AT
I thought cruise was like a $250 add on, but I have the Liftback. I know it did not come with the power package on mine. They added at the dealer. Maybe the sedan is different.

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” - Will Rogers

PreciousPups4U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2009, 10:47 PM   #7
tetzyamis
'09 5dr

Drives: 2009 Yaris 5-Door Bayou Blue
One of my '09 Yarii has cruise control.
Maybe your dealer is not telling you the truth.
Old 04-23-2009, 07:01 AM   #8
oilman930

Drives: 2009 Yaris S Hatchback
The power package on the sedan has cruise control as part of the option package, while on the hatchback, cruise control is a stand alone option.
oilman930 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 07:08 AM   #9
YarisOwnersDad
Is now a Corolla S Owner

Blowtorch said he was considering the "four door," so I thought he was looking at a sedan. I guess he could be talking about the five door liftback?
Old 04-23-2009, 11:03 AM   #10
wiirenet

Drives: Black '09 2dr HB
Send a message via MSN to wiirenet
I have a 3 door '09 liftback with power package and I would have had to pay extra for cruise control.
wiirenet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 11:16 AM   #11
Altitude

Drives: '08 LB MT Bayou
I installed the aftermarket cruise (which as I understand it is the same as the factory unit) in my LB. It was a piece of cake to do it. Not sure if you want to pay $250 for it though.
Altitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 07:14 PM   #12
tetzyamis
'09 5dr

Quote:
Originally Posted by YarisOwnersDad View Post
Blowtorch said he was considering the "four door," so I thought he was looking at a sedan. I guess he could be talking about the five door liftback?
If you read it carefully, he clearly says "'09 sedan" at the end of the first paragraph.
Old 04-23-2009, 07:24 PM   #13
YarisOwnersDad
Is now a Corolla S Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by tetzyamis View Post
If you read it carefully, he clearly says "'09 sedan" at the end of the first paragraph.

OK, I reread it, and it sounds like he was originally talking about a liftback, but then he was asking how much more the sedan costs. Right?

Tom
Old 04-23-2009, 08:16 PM   #14
Blowtorch

I meant the Sedan.
Old 04-23-2009, 08:19 PM   #15
tetzyamis
'09 5dr

Quote:
Originally Posted by YarisOwnersDad View Post
OK, I reread it, and it sounds like he was originally talking about a liftback, but then he was asking how much more the sedan costs. Right?

Tom
Oh ya!!!
I had to read the OP like 5 times to understand what you're saying, lol.
But, it really can be understood that way
Old 04-23-2009, 08:55 PM   #16
YarisOwnersDad
Is now a Corolla S Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blowtorch View Post
I meant the Sedan.
OK, it looks like either power package in the sedan would have cruise control. What makes you think you would not be getting it?

Tom
Old 04-24-2009, 12:49 AM   #17
Blowtorch

The first dealership in my area that I had been spending some time at the last few days turned out to be a complete waste of time. Shoddy paperwork (wrong math, certain things in writing missing ... would only do paperwork when I insisted on it, didn't voluntarily print me a list of all the features that come on the car I wanted... their main concern was that I sign... sign... sign NOW NOW NOW. When they knew I wasn't signing without my dad present (to get his opinion), the sales guy lost all interest in helping me. The sales manager there wasn't any better. Bad dealership with bad people, which starts from the owner.

The place I went to today was much better. A little bit further, but worth it, so it seems. It seems that most Yaris sedans with the power package comes with cruise control, but there are a few that don't have it. Cruise control is an additional $250.

I'm reviewing the paper work and we'll see what happens. I'd like to make this purchase this week, before the 0 percent financing promotion ends.
Old 04-24-2009, 07:10 AM   #18
YarisOwnersDad
Is now a Corolla S Owner

Blowtorch:

Something sounds VERY fishy to me about this added $250 charge for cruise control.

When I go to Edmunds.com and option out a base Yaris sedan with manual tranny, it shows that there are two power options, PV and PY. Cruise control is included in both packages. For the base sedan with auto tranny, the power packages are PP and PQ, both of which include cruise control.

Is it possible that you are looking at a car that did not have the power package from the factory, and the dealer has added cruise control?

Tom

EDIT:

OK, I went to the TOYOTA website, and it does appear that the power package comes without cruise control now. That must have changed? Edmunds is usually very accurate, and I can tell you FOR SURE that my Yaris had power package PQ, and that package DID include cruise control. Something has changed. I only bought my Yaris less than two weeks ago, so I wonder what gives?

Do they offer different option packages for different regions of the country?

It almost looks like they have thrown in keyless entry into the power package and have taken cruise control out of it. It also looks to me like they have raised the price by what they have done, and if you want BOTH cruise control AND keyless entry, you now have to pay more than what I had to pay.

For your benefit, Blowtorch, here is the sticker from my son's Yaris. He bought his on March 16, 2009, and I liked it so well that I bought one for myself four weeks to the day later. I bought exactly the same options on mine, but I got Flint Mica, and he got Barcelona Red Metallic.

Hope this helps.

Tom

Last edited by YarisOwnersDad; 04-24-2009 at 07:47 AM.