Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Modifications (Exterior/Interior)
  The Tire Rack

Old 07-16-2010, 09:24 PM   #1
ekakutsuri

Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris
I want luxury upgrades.

I've just recently decided that I'm gonna stick with my 2007 Yaris Four Door Sedan for a long time to come. As such, I'd like to work to bring it to a higher standard as time goes by. What I'd really like is to bring my vehicle up to a 'luxury vehicle' sedan standard. Not for racing, but for the comfort of myself and my passengers.

I have very little idea of where to start. I want to talk to an auto body shop, but I'd like to have some idea what I'm talking about before I do. I'm also finding information that indicates that I can damage the trade-in value of my car if I customize too heavily.

While I'm willing to sacrifice a little value for a comfortable car, I'd like to know what I can add on that would improve or at least not damage it. For instance, I understand that the Japanese version has a push-button start. If I could somehow import the parts for it, would having it installed change the value of the car?

I'm also thinking about upgrading my seats and interior. I'd love to have more comfortable seats all around, and leather seems like a worthwhile material to add... do I have any options to get some of those 8-way adjustable seats from the Avalon? What about the touchscreen navigation system...it looks like it has the same profile across the different Toyotas.

I also didn't get the the 'Power Pack'. Could I talk to a Toyota dealer and get them to install that now?

I've tried to dig around on the forum to answer these questions, but I haven't come up with a lot of satisfactory data. I'm still digging, but thought I would approach the community as more than a lurker to get my answers.

I really am not sure how to start. Can anyone help?

Last edited by ekakutsuri; 07-16-2010 at 09:26 PM. Reason: Grammar in the title
ekakutsuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 10:39 PM   #2
Qmobile
that's right I went there

Drives: '08 Blazin' Blue,'10 Dark Red
Well first I'd talk to Garm (cali yaris) on here, he knows a think or three about gettin japan parts. He could help you out A LOT, as far as I seen he can get just 'bout anything you want. No matter if it's body kits, wheels, inside stuff, lights (what ever trips your trigger) I know that a great deal of members on here would agree with me on this also. I personally haven't bought anything from him, but a lot of the others have. He has a website also it's:http://shop.microimageonline.com/

And you could have the power package added by the dealership......if you wanna pay out the wazoo for parts and labor. I can get things at the dealer's price on most USDM and CDM parts, so I could prolly save u a lil money of parts

suggestions always welcome
Qmobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 11:43 PM   #3
big lo

Drives: 2007 VIOS
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qmobile View Post
Well first I'd talk to Garm (cali yaris) on here, he knows a think or three about gettin japan parts. He could help you out A LOT, as far as I seen he can get just 'bout anything you want. No matter if it's body kits, wheels, inside stuff, lights (what ever trips your trigger) I know that a great deal of members on here would agree with me on this also. I personally haven't bought anything from him, but a lot of the others have. He has a website also it's:http://shop.microimageonline.com/

And you could have the power package added by the dealership......if you wanna pay out the wazoo for parts and labor. I can get things at the dealer's price on most USDM and CDM parts, so I could prolly save u a lil money of parts
You dam right, with Garm you cant go wrong, from speed to looks, all in one MI baby, holla.
big lo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 12:14 AM   #4
auxmike

Drives: 2008 HB, A/T, Power W/L/M
Ditch your car and buy one used with the factory power pkg. Don't even try to rustle up all the parts you would need. Big $.
I have it in my '08 3dr. Well worth the $1290 option for all the bells and whistles I got!

Never take eyes off opponent - Bruce Lee
auxmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 01:11 PM   #5
swidd

Drives: Yaris HB
Biggest luxury item I would recommend would be new seat covers, the $399 Clazzios from microimageonline look great combined with the $65 leather armrest. I just put mine in today, so I'm very biased, but the car looks and feels a lot less cheap with those upgrades.

Also, vacuum and clean it, that helps :)

Sound proofing can make it as quiet as a Ford Fusion (I just had one as a rental car, and was not impressed with the sound level considering it was a $35,000 car fully equipped). Aside from smoother/softer suspension, my sound dampened Yaris is every bit as quiet as the new ford fusion. Also, if you sound dampen the doors so they'll sound 'thick' and solid when you slam them, it adds to the luxury feeling. .

Also agree that you might as well ditch the non-power package and buy a loaded Yaris instead. Might not be the money saving path you were hoping for, but ...
swidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2010, 01:50 PM   #6
yarrr
Banned

Drives: 07 sedan
I agree with seat covers and sound proofing/deadening. There's a number of DIY examples for both if you search clazzio or deadening. Touch screen nav can be done as well, a good head unit with nav will run 600-1000 though. I think a user on here also took their car to an upholsterer and had them put nicer foam in the seats.

I also agree with giving Garm a call at microimage. He has a ton of interior/exterior parts, neffy CF wrap(I think it gives the interior a much higher end feel), and really anything you could want for a yaris. Also the best place to shop for upgrading your suspension(shocks, springs, sway bar) which will give the car a more sporty feel, not sure if its exactly the luxury feel you're going for.

You might want to check out echo_hrs car on the microimageonline.com forums. He has JDM push start, steering wheel(although now its a xB JDM? I'm not sure he changes stuff so often) climate controls, pretty much everything. His interior looks like a spaceship.. haha.
yarrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 10:40 AM   #7
MUSKOKA800

Drives: '08 Yaris Sedan, Aero Package
If I wanted a more 'luxurious' ride I'd start with some sound deadening and quiet touring tires.
Garm can help with leather upgrades and a push button start kit. Find a leather steering wheel etc. and you'll be on your way.

Aftermarket Goodies: Piggies SS, K&N Drop-In, Blitz S/C, DC Header, NST Pulley)

Toyota Options/Accessories: Sport Pedal Covers, Sport Shift Knob, Ipod Interface, Summer Mats, Winter Mats, Cruise Control, Auto-Dim Mirror, Echo steelies with winter boots.
MUSKOKA800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 12:42 PM   #8
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
those are very good ideas to start with. The seat covers really do make the car feel "richer" and sound deadening is easy to do. You can start by spraying your wheel wells with sound deadening compound.

thanks for the compliments guys, I appreciate it.

upgrading the audio with a good touch screen head unit (GPS, bluetooth, etc) is a must!
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 12:50 PM   #9
Astroman
Modded Moderator

Drives: 07 Toyota Yaris, 71 Galaxie
Some nice professionally installed window tint would help too. Also maybe a TRD rear sway bar, better handling without sacrificing ride quality. To me a better handling car feels more luxurious than one that doesn't handle as well. Also its an easy mod, 100% reversible, and not really visible. You could also find some of the sport package stuff, like side and bumper skirts. Makes that car look much nicer, and isn't racy.
Astroman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2010, 07:43 PM   #10
ekakutsuri

Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris
Thanks for the responses, everyone. I'll want to follow up with Garm for sure. I'll probably also consult a dealer to figure out what's going to effect the trade-in value of my car more directly.

I've gotten a couple of responses talking about making my car 'sportier', and a couple of suggestions for CF (I presume Carbon Fiber) wraps. I just want to clarify, I'm more headed in the direction of Rolls Royce, Bently and Lincoln in terms of Luxury.

See, I get a kick out of being the guy who drives. Don't ask me why, I just dig it. The more comfortable folks are in my car, the happier I am with it. I've even considered getting a chauffeur outfit.

So you can probably guess that I'm a little eccentric. It's strange to want to make a Yaris look and feel like a million bucks. Still, it's got such great gas mileage and dependability. That's what makes it worth it in my mind.

Thanks again for the input!
ekakutsuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 10:34 PM   #11
Fenrizwolf
I used to have more posts

Drives: '10HyundaiTucson'07Impreza
here
Quote:
Originally Posted by cali yaris View Post
and sound deadening is easy to do. You can start by spraying your wheel wells with sound deadening compound.
Quote:
Originally Posted by carrera2 View Post
How would you go about making the Yaris more quiet?

What sound deadening material do you use and where exactly do you install this?
Fenrizwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 08:23 PM   #12
NH3R717

Drives: Yaris 3dr Hatch, White
Lexus badges and maybe some wheels from a Lexus as well.... I mean that is what Lexus buyers do, they buy Toyotas with Lexus badges and pay $20k more. luxury is all about the badge on your car man.
NH3R717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 06:28 AM   #13
nazier
black shark

Drives: black toyota yaris t3 sprit
redo the seats with leather, and the door panels, sun roof is a must also like garm said upgrade the sound and head unit with gps, fit pdc,

note fit things to the car that will increase value, but must still look neat,
Old 07-30-2010, 07:36 AM   #14
evo165

Drives: peArL yAvItZ!!
Send a message via MSN to evo165
Does your ride come with leather steering wheel? If not, you should get some JDM leather steering for the EXTRA luxury touch!! It is the wheel that you're touching daily when you drive your cars!!
1NZ-FE Yaris with JDM RS front & rear bumper | JDM Vitz RS taillamp | JDM Vitz window visors | JDM Vitz Netz logos | JDM leather steering wheel & shift knob | 4k HID | K&N panel filter | Fujitsubo Wagolis exhaust | NST 10% crank pully | KYB Excel-G shocks | NF210 Springs | Cusco 4 points lower arm bar & Type OS top struct bar | RZCrew sub-frame collars | Ultra Racing 19mm rear sway bar & rear lower & center braces | PG Rear 13mm hub spacers | Exzess 2-pot calipers with 282mm rotors | Runstop Rear Disc | SSR Semi-Forge Type F 15" rims | Michelin Pilot Sport 3 195/55/15 tyres
evo165 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 11:44 AM   #15
carrera2

Drives: 2008 Toyota Yaris
How would you go about making the Yaris more quiet?

What sound deadening material do you use and where exactly do you install this?
carrera2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
avalon, luxury, sedan, trade, upgrade