Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-18-2014, 03:55 PM   #1
sadarahu

Drives: Yaris 2007 Silver/US model
Charging / fuses

I have Yaris 2007 / 65k
Since about 2 months I have problem with charging/BAT light coming on and off. For the most part is is off. I noticed when I start the car usually the light comes ON, then after 15-30 min driving it usually comes off, then it stays of for the rest of the day. I park on the street and next day I start the car the same scenario repeats. Few days ago however something else happened. My horn and left parking light went off. I checked the fuses but they are all good.
I've herd there might be a grounding problem, but not sure where to look.
Initially I thought it is alternator that needs to be replaced, but with 65k miles it would sound wired and a little to early. I hate to replace the alternator just to find out that the problem is somewhere else. I wonder if it is possible that there is some loose connection.

Any suggestions appreciated.
Thank you - Arthur
sadarahu is offline   Reply With Quote