Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 12-16-2008, 09:54 AM   #1
Yawesh

Drives: 08 sedan at
buying from TRDSparks, can my local Toyota install it?

called my local toyota and they want 550 for the shocks/struts, 250 for the spring set, 220 for the sway bar and 450 for the sport muffler

Would my local dealer mind installing the items from TRDSparks? Sparks is a legit Toyota dealership.........

My local dealer will still be making money from the labor....i'm guessing 3 hours? (99 per hour here)
Yawesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 09:56 AM   #2
PreciousPups4U
I really LOVE this car!!!

Drives: 08 Bayou Blue LB AT
The should. The dealer here was glad to install the sway bar for me.

“If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” - Will Rogers

PreciousPups4U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 02:21 PM   #3
MUSKOKA800

Drives: '08 Yaris Sedan, Aero Package
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yawesh View Post
called my local toyota and they want 550 for the shocks/struts, 250 for the spring set, 220 for the sway bar and 450 for the sport muffler

Would my local dealer mind installing the items from TRDSparks? Sparks is a legit Toyota dealership.........

My local dealer will still be making money from the labor....i'm guessing 3 hours? (99 per hour here)
Surely they'd love to take your money. But I'm guessing much more than three hours at a Stealership.

Aftermarket Goodies: Piggies SS, K&N Drop-In, Blitz S/C, DC Header, NST Pulley)

Toyota Options/Accessories: Sport Pedal Covers, Sport Shift Knob, Ipod Interface, Summer Mats, Winter Mats, Cruise Control, Auto-Dim Mirror, Echo steelies with winter boots.
MUSKOKA800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 02:23 PM   #4
songa

Drives: 2009 Yaris Sedan (Black)
well everytime i talked tomy dealership and asked them install my own parts, they said they couldnt becuase of certain liability issues, etc. maybe he meant only aftermarket parts, im not sure. if you bring it OEM parts or TRD stuff that is factory toyota made parts, then they might be able to do it, im not 100% sure. just givin u a lil bit of my experience there as i've been searching for people to help me install my stuff as well.
songa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 05:21 PM   #5
Yawesh

Drives: 08 sedan at
Quote:
Originally Posted by songa View Post
well everytime i talked tomy dealership and asked them install my own parts, they said they couldnt becuase of certain liability issues, etc. maybe he meant only aftermarket parts, im not sure. if you bring it OEM parts or TRD stuff that is factory toyota made parts, then they might be able to do it, im not 100% sure. just givin u a lil bit of my experience there as i've been searching for people to help me install my stuff as well.
thanks man, i'm going talk to toyota tomorrow to see if they can do it
Yawesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 07:34 PM   #6
Yarisight

Drives: 2008 Yaris LB "S" Blazing Blue
My Toyota dealer has never given me any trouble installing genuine TRD/Toyota parts that I bought on my own for cheaper instead of getting the parts through them.
Yarisight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2008, 07:46 PM   #7
thebarber
daily driver

Drives: the #wrecho
jeez, id install 'em for you for 150...
Old 12-17-2008, 08:27 PM   #8
Bob_VT

Drives: 08 Yaris LB
Just a suggestion.

You have a PM

Come to the DARKSIDE..... We have candy