Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 08-05-2012, 09:36 AM   #1
CB900F2

Drives: 08 Sedan
Replace Alternator Bearings

Hi Guys.

My original alternators bearings went bad on me this week and I replaced the alternator this weekend with a low mileage 2009 unit and I decided to replace the bearings on my original as it’s a fairly simple process. BUT!
Once I opened the alternator and on the one half of the housing that has one of the two bearings, in order for me to have pressed out (my case bang out with a socket :)) the bearing had this small sleeve kinda of part that sat on the outside of the bearing and it looks like it’s function was to help with keeping maybe any water away from the bearing as its diameter was smaller than the bearing.

But again for me to bang out the bearing, I crushed this sleeve. I haven’t called yet to any rebuilders, but I searched the net for rebuild kits for DENSO alternators, and none of them have this part as part of the kit, but these same kits include the two bearings with and the brushes, etc.. But not this washer/sleeve kinds part. :(

Two pictures show the small part and the other of the alternator shows where it sat in the housing...

Does anyone know if and where this part is available?
Attached Images
File Type: png Top Half_Alternator.png (510.0 KB, 74 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1025.JPG (76.3 KB, 71 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1024.JPG (54.3 KB, 71 views)
CB900F2 is offline   Reply With Quote