Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 10-12-2013, 04:17 PM   #1
90'srockrules

Drives: 07 yaris
BRAKES/CODES/AIRBAG

Hello all,
I as many on here have taken on the challenge of changing my front rotors and pads and also my shoes on the rear. My E brake is engaging properly but the brakes are obviously feeling spongy. Is there any Pattern or special fuses or relays to disconnect to bleed the brakes? Please be specific.

Problem#2 I have the airbag light on as well and figured out after this number of flashes after jumping it its code 22 safing sensor. What is the fix for this to disconnect or order a new one?

Problem#3 P0012 camshaft position A timing over advanced bank 1
This thing is idling so low for some odd reason. I checked the ocv valve being that would look like one of the easier things to take on, cleaned it and put it back together. Now it seems to be leaking does anyone know the size of the allen key for the filter below it? What is the fix for this code

ALL HELP IS APPRECIATED TRYING TO BRING HER BACK TO LIFE
THANKS
90'srockrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 07:51 PM   #2
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
1. Bleeding the brakes on a Yaris (even an ABS equipped one) does not require anything special (like fuse removal, pump sequencing, etc.)

The ebrake is cable based, so it has nothing to do with the spongy pedal feel.

2. Are you sure about the code being 22? The reason I ask is that 22 is for the right side airbag sensor, which is only present on cars with side airbags (which was an option in 07). If yours does have side airbags, and that is indeed the code, then you get to that sensor by pulling the lower B pillar cover. It is located next to the seatbelt assembly within the B pillar. Check for wire damage and if they are OK, then you will need to replace the sensor.

3. There actually was a TSB for this for 07 Yaris, where the camshaft timing gear, as opposed to the VVTI Oil control valve is the cause. With the Toyota Techstream tool, a mechanic can determine which of the two is the issue. The OCV is very easy to replace and the gear is quite a job to replace.
Old 10-13-2013, 08:55 AM   #3
90'srockrules

Drives: 07 yaris
Thanks

Hey Scott,

Thanks for the insight it sounds to me like I can do the usual method for bleeding the brakes. I think the sensor is gonna need replacement I didn't see and damage. Probably gonna rule out the ocv until diagnosis but hoping for the best, it sounds like a expensive fix.

Thanks again
90'srockrules is offline   Reply With Quote