Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 04-15-2023, 08:00 AM   #1
gnx547

Drives: 07 Yaris
Horn replacement

I have an 07 Yaris and the horn isn't that loud. I'd like to replace it with one that's louder. What replacement horn I should use?
gnx547 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2023, 11:51 AM   #2
matt4x4

Drives: 2008 Yaris, 4dr sedan, 5 spd
I looked at that last night, its on the Toyota parts page, very easy to find as I was trying to figure out if the security horn is on the same buzzer in front of the radiator as the steering wheel horn.

searched term - toyota yaris horn
second link was - https://www.toyotapartsdeal.com/oem-...aris-horn.html
looks like the steering wheel horn and the security horn are two separate sound levels on one buzzer device.
What I wanted to do was reduce the noise level of the security system. That was my goal, searching yesterday for my problem.
https://www.toyotapartsdeal.com/oem/...560-52010.html
2006-2009 Toyota Yaris Horn Assy, Low Pitched
2006-2017 Toyota Yaris Horn Assembly, Security
I am 2008, base, manual, 4dr sedan.
Looks like I just solved my own problem, thanks. Had other things on my mind and was going to post a post on my problem. Now its time for me to stop pondering and get to action.

Have a good weekend, 2 days of driving my 08 yaris, hey its a means of transportation.

To your question on "How do you up the sound/buzzer/horn level, would mean installing a horn off something else, perhaps from the junk yard for a cheap fix, if it works. If not return horn buzzer to junk yard, and onto the next. Web searches and searching forums.

Take off the top plastic tabs, take off the bolts in the wheel wheel and front facia - from what I could see yesterday looking at mine, then later checking out yt bumper removal videos.

I do not know off hand how to do what you do, but I tell you what I would start doing to take action on what you want to do.

Last edited by matt4x4; 04-15-2023 at 12:03 PM.
matt4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2023, 02:28 PM   #3
sh0rtlife

Drives: 2007 5dr canadian import
youll find most any toyota horn will fit and bolt up, tho youll likely need to change the pigtail so get the pigtail with the horn..id recomend one from a pickup or 4 runner if you want to stay toyota..otherwise aftermarket you can run anything you want even air horns
sh0rtlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2023, 04:35 PM   #4
CrimsonEclipse

Drives: .
Amazon has an assortment of horns from practical to absurd, and many have videos showing what the sound is like with decibel meters.

I have one that sounds like a 1980's large car.
(I chose to skip the train horn)
((would have probably slowed the car by 5 mph while in use anyway))
CrimsonEclipse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2023, 12:21 PM   #5
RedRide

Drives: '09 Yaris carmine red 2d HB
What I did in my '09 Yaris was to jut get a "Y" connector .
Then connect two horns (high and low sounds) that for that expensive two horn expensive car sound

The one stock horn is quite pathetic sounding.

Last edited by RedRide; 02-20-2024 at 03:05 PM.
RedRide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2023, 10:13 PM   #6
Deserttoyrunner

Drives: 2011 Yaris Hatchback Manual
I've done this for most of my vehicles my old Geo metro my T100 and I just finished doing this with my 2011 Yaris
But I tend to take the two-tone horns from VW bugs which sound great and with the three-point bracket or easy Bolt on to where the old horn was, tie the ground ends together on body and run the other line to the horn wire.
it's a very tight fit in the in the nose for that configuration can press up against AC components and damage stuff so I ended up mounting it in the driver side void right behind the bumper end using a bracket from a passat grounding both horns to the body and running an extra piece of wire from the horn line to the horns
I'll have to pull my nose off again but I should get pictures of it and post it on here
works great absolutely love it.

Last edited by Deserttoyrunner; 05-29-2023 at 11:29 PM. Reason: add photo
Deserttoyrunner is offline   Reply With Quote