Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Wash, Wax, Detailing, Exterior Repairs
  The Tire Rack

Old 01-21-2009, 05:20 PM   #1
Yota08
I've made a post!

Drives: yaris
Car cover

will a car cover help me out in maintenance? Am gonna purchase a car cover from Carscover.com and was jus wondreing how useful a car cover is...any advice?
Yota08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 05:42 PM   #2
MadMax

Drives: 2008 Yaris Liftback (Sprocket)
Dunno, I've always been under the impression that unless you keep your car exceptionally clean, all a cover does is scratch your paint! Down here in dusty Texas, you don't see them that often despite the grueling heat...

Cheers! M2
MadMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2009, 06:46 PM   #3
YAR1S

Drives: 07 Yaris 3dr LB (Bayou Blue)
Send a message via AIM to YAR1S
I have a car bra for my yaris... was great at first but now it leaves little white annoying scuff marks.

Quote:
"Spendin money that I don't have to buy parts that I don't need to impress people that I don't know"
YAR1S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 08:11 AM   #4
Bob_VT

Drives: 08 Yaris LB
Buy a cheap Costco type shelter and park under that. What makes you want to cover the car?

Come to the DARKSIDE..... We have candy
Bob_VT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2009, 08:12 AM   #5
Bob_VT

Drives: 08 Yaris LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by YAR1S View Post
I have a car bra for my yaris... was great at first but now it leaves little white annoying scuff marks.
Bra's are for women! They will trash a cars finish.

Come to the DARKSIDE..... We have candy
Bob_VT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 12:30 PM   #6
xcellu8

Drives: yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yota08 View Post
will a car cover help me out in maintenance? Am gonna purchase a car cover from Carscover.com and was jus wondreing how useful a car cover is...any advice?
I got a cover for my yaris from Empire Covers. They give ratings for all their covers for how well it protects the car in four different categories, including sun. And there are always coupon codes floating around for that site.

http://empirecovers-review.blogspot.com

Not sure if you want to go to the trouble of covering the whole car every time you park though. I think the sunshade would be a lot easier.
xcellu8 is offline   Reply With Quote