Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 04-12-2015, 08:22 PM   #1
Maranda
Newcomer

Drives: Yaris 2007 HB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exiwolfman View Post
to resolve this problem that is common on Yaris and other Toyota's ...for Yaris u will need to scan the car find out if one or both abs harnesses need to be replaced this may solve the problem but for most part on the older cars u will need the wheel bearing hub replaced and harness .
Is there a way to know if only the harness are to be changed, or the hubs?
I want to take advantage of the nice weather to check it tomorrow.

I did a scan, and in my case, I have the error codes for the 2 abs in the rear.
Maranda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 08:27 PM   #2
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maranda View Post
Is there a way to know if only the harness are to be changed, or the hubs?
I want to take advantage of the nice weather to check it tomorrow.

I did a scan, and in my case, I have the error codes for the 2 abs in the rear.
You can easily tell which needs to be replaced by disconnecting the connector from the sensor in the hub. If the sensor's pins are intact you just have to replace the cable. If the sensor's pins are severely corroded, then the sensor will likely need to be replaced.
Old 10-23-2015, 05:25 PM   #3
Edmontonian78

Drives: 2007 Yaris S
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTScott View Post
You can easily tell which needs to be replaced by disconnecting the connector from the sensor in the hub. If the sensor's pins are intact you just have to replace the cable. If the sensor's pins are severely corroded, then the sensor will likely need to be replaced.
You can take some sewing needles and use them to check for continuity on the wiring harness with a multi meter. On the 2007 sedan model if you push down the back seat so you can see the inside of your trunk; the connector for the speed sensor wire is right inside the plastic trim and you just need to remove a plastic pin that holds it in place.

Last edited by Edmontonian78; 10-23-2015 at 05:31 PM. Reason: grammar
Edmontonian78 is offline   Reply With Quote