Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 10-07-2010, 05:00 PM   #1
why?
Only Happy When it Rains

Drives: Yaris LB
questions about the battery

so while i search through the toyota owners manual, does anyone know the cca of the yaris battery?

also, i have a few questions about lightweight batteries. Are there any maintenance issues I would have to worry about, or are they are install and forget, like normal car batteries.

do they need any special attention if you don't use the car a few days in a row?

Basically, I am interested in buying one, but I have zero knowledge of them and don't want to get something and then realize it does not fit my needs in any way.
Old 10-08-2010, 06:55 AM   #2
Klink10

Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback
I have had a Deka "lawnmower/motorcycle" type battery in my car for about 2 years now with no issues at all. Check my garage for pics. Did the install myself as it was a little more than just set it on the original tray and secure. That particular model has the CCA you are looking for. I will say that if you are the type to sit in the parking lot on Fri nights and listen to the sounds with the car off then you might want to rethink going this route. But to start the car it does great. Got it for weight savings. Even dedicated a line in my shop to charge with a Batt Tender Jr. which I throw it on during colder months for insurance. No issues at all and I've let it sit for weeks without starting.
Klink10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2010, 08:09 AM   #3
fnkngrv
Mr. 155 and climbing

Drives: Seriously Modded 07 Sedan
Treyz would prolly be good to ask as well as he had a Braille zero weight battery.

Youtube Channel: Team Tiamat Racing

Class record holder in Land Speed @ 154.5mph for 1.5 mile and 145.5mph in the mile in the F (2.016 to 3.014 L), G (1.524 to 2.015 L), and H (1.016 to 1.523 L) classes.
fnkngrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 03:23 PM   #4
why?
Only Happy When it Rains

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klink10 View Post
I have had a Deka "lawnmower/motorcycle" type battery in my car for about 2 years now with no issues at all. Check my garage for pics. Did the install myself as it was a little more than just set it on the original tray and secure. That particular model has the CCA you are looking for. I will say that if you are the type to sit in the parking lot on Fri nights and listen to the sounds with the car off then you might want to rethink going this route. But to start the car it does great. Got it for weight savings. Even dedicated a line in my shop to charge with a Batt Tender Jr. which I throw it on during colder months for insurance. No issues at all and I've let it sit for weeks without starting.
what mounting brackets are you using, and where did you get the terminals?
Old 10-21-2010, 05:46 PM   #5
why?
Only Happy When it Rains

well if anyone else was looking to do this, just bought one from Parker Battery for $64 w/ free shipping.