Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 10-18-2010, 12:59 AM   #1
Tylermayer

Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris
I WANT TO DO THIS SO BAD!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s0xR5JDv2CM
but i dont know the washington state law on this
Tylermayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 06:52 AM   #2
custom Lftback

Drives: 2008 Toyota Yaris Liftback
Send a message via Yahoo to custom Lftback
http://forums.officer.com/forums/sho...ail-light-tint
This is what I could find.
Current Mods: MI Armrest; Full LED conversion (interior and exterior); RS spoiler; Tinted windows; Tanabe DF210 lowering springs; aftermarket door speakers; 12" RF P3 subwoofer with custom box wrapped in Neffy; seat covers; HID 8000K headlights; HID 3000K foglights; 13mm PG hub spacers; muffler delete with dual tip; eyelids; and.. A little red Domo mascot!
custom Lftback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 08:15 AM   #3
fnkngrv
Mr. 155 and climbing

Drives: Seriously Modded 07 Sedan
If you are going to do it then I would focus on the fact that your bulbs when engaged need to be visible at 300 ft. The best bet to accomplish this would be to purchase LED bulbs and do your homework on them before the purchase. AT a minimum I would think a 24 LED/SMD would be required for visibility that far from the car with taillight tint. As long as you don't go too dark and your bulbs are bright enough then it would be less likely for you to be ticketed specifically for them. As for the headlights you could always go the route of the Euro Light liquid tint. Euro Light has gone to the trouble of proving that their product does NOT reduce light output.

Lastly, learn the federal DOT statutes. Federal ALWAYS trumps State. If you fond something that dictates you could actually do the tinting as long as the light emitted is not compromised then you should be safe. When I decided to do my green turn signals I actually had a printout from the DOT website in my glove box that way if I was pulled over I could show the officer that they could kick/scream all they want about the state law however it didn't matter. It worked for me time and time again.

Youtube Channel: Team Tiamat Racing

Class record holder in Land Speed @ 154.5mph for 1.5 mile and 145.5mph in the mile in the F (2.016 to 3.014 L), G (1.524 to 2.015 L), and H (1.016 to 1.523 L) classes.
fnkngrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 03:50 AM   #4
birdman

Drives: '08 Blazing Blue Yaris LB
That requires a lot of patience.
birdman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 10:30 AM   #5
MadMax

Drives: 2008 Yaris Liftback (Sprocket)
Interesting, I didn't realize it was that "easy" to do.

Two questions. First, will any tint do, or is some sort of specialized tint required?

Secondly, how hard is it to remove afterward? I know window tint is a pain to take off after it's been on a while, and usually razor blades and some chemicals are required to get it all off. I wouldn't want to use either on my TYC tails.

Cheers! M2