Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 07-13-2006, 05:08 PM   #1
Chaad32

Drives: 2007 Liftback
Back seat folding

I have seen several photos of the 60/40 back seat and it look like it folds down flat, but I also saw a photo of the regular seat (non 60/40) and it looks like it does not fold flat, and it also looks like when you fold up the section of the rear cargo area that is supposed to bridge this gap it sticks up in a weird way. Is this true?
Chaad32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2006, 10:44 PM   #2
fnkngrv
Mr. 155 and climbing

Drives: Seriously Modded 07 Sedan
I can take a picture for you Chaad of my S tomorrow and post if for you...it doesn't really go flat like you would hope....but I am not concerned cause I am only going to be folding the seat for more boom with my bazooka 10200...

Youtube Channel: Team Tiamat Racing

Class record holder in Land Speed @ 154.5mph for 1.5 mile and 145.5mph in the mile in the F (2.016 to 3.014 L), G (1.524 to 2.015 L), and H (1.016 to 1.523 L) classes.
fnkngrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 12:23 AM   #3
mikeukrainetz

Drives: 2006 Toyota Yaris
Yes, the regular seat doesnt fold flat and the cover juts out looks goofy and doesnt work too well.
mikeukrainetz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 11:43 AM   #4
stuffy

Drives: 06 yaris 5-dr le man
WHY IS THE 60/40 NOT STANDARD?
it can't be much more expensive to produce than the regular seat, it is just totally idiotic what toyota has done here.
stuffy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 01:03 PM   #5
Jem_hadar
MORDSITH

Drives: 2007 Yaris Hatchback
Send a message via ICQ to Jem_hadar
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuffy
it can't be much more expensive to produce than the regular seat, it is just totally idiotic what toyota has done here.
Its the ONE thing I was dissappointed in in my 5door LB model.

I really wish I I could have gotten the 60/40 and flat feature.
Jem_hadar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2006, 07:59 PM   #6
fnkngrv
Mr. 155 and climbing

Drives: Seriously Modded 07 Sedan

Sorry that they aren't really great, but I had to do it with a camera phone as my HP Digi is dying, but as you can see there is a considerable hump which takes out a lot of useable room which isn't too smart as far as I am concerned.

Youtube Channel: Team Tiamat Racing

Class record holder in Land Speed @ 154.5mph for 1.5 mile and 145.5mph in the mile in the F (2.016 to 3.014 L), G (1.524 to 2.015 L), and H (1.016 to 1.523 L) classes.
fnkngrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 02:33 AM   #7
jay

Drives: 2006 Yaris LE 5dr AT
Quote:
Originally Posted by stuffy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jem_hadar
Its the ONE thing I was dissappointed in in my 5door LB model.

I really wish I I could have gotten the 60/40 and flat feature.
Gotta agree with you guys.

The deletion of the 60/40 split seat on the Yaris CE/LE vs. the Echo HB - I had to read the spec sheet more than once before I believed it. Mind you that the Echo HB didn't have as nice a rear seat as what's on the Yaris RS (i.e. it didn't fold flat or have shingle headrests), but I see no logic in having the Yaris CE/LE models regress to a one-piece seatback.

I wasn't prepared to spend close to CAN$3000 to option up to a RS, solely just to get the rear split seats. Look over at the Honda Fit's superb MagicSeats, standard across the line (granted, a comparably-equipped Fit is a bit more $), and the Yaris CE/LE are simply not competitive.

I decided to bite the bullet on a Yaris LE. I don't need to haul cargo quite as much as I used to, and (at the time) it was gonna be at least another 6 months before the Fit would hit the Canadian market, with price, availability, and final spec unknown.

But what might have been a slam-dunk decision on a Yaris LE - instead had me giving the RS, and esp. the Honda Fit and Kia Rio5, additional consideration. The rear seat has been only disappointing aspect on my Yaris LE (and it's not really my style to complain).

Anyhow, sorry for the rant
jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2006, 01:44 PM   #8
Jem_hadar
MORDSITH

Drives: 2007 Yaris Hatchback
Send a message via ICQ to Jem_hadar
Quote:
Originally Posted by jay
Gotta agree with you guys.

The deletion of the 60/40 split seat on the Yaris CE/LE vs. the Echo HB - I had to read the spec sheet more than once before I believed it. Mind you that the Echo HB didn't have as nice a rear seat as what's on the Yaris RS (i.e. it didn't fold flat or have shingle headrests), but I see no logic in having the Yaris CE/LE models regress to a one-piece seatback.

I wasn't prepared to spend close to CAN$3000 to option up to a RS, solely just to get the rear split seats. Look over at the Honda Fit's superb MagicSeats, standard across the line (granted, a comparably-equipped Fit is a bit more $), and the Yaris CE/LE are simply not competitive.

I decided to bite the bullet on a Yaris LE. I don't need to haul cargo quite as much as I used to, and (at the time) it was gonna be at least another 6 months before the Fit would hit the Canadian market, with price, availability, and final spec unknown.

But what might have been a slam-dunk decision on a Yaris LE - instead had me giving the RS, and esp. the Honda Fit and Kia Rio5, additional consideration. The rear seat has been only disappointing aspect on my Yaris LE (and it's not really my style to complain).

Anyhow, sorry for the rant

Spot ON! We're of the EXACT same mind! Its kinda nice to see someone view the situation exactly as I do! Im not alone in my sadness of this one point.

But you're right, its not worth it to upgrade to the RS, and its' not like I go around bitching about this matter generally, bc its not that much of an issue in truth.

But its just a freakin option I really wish I had at my disposal.

Going to a 3 day rave (WEMF) out in Tweed (Belleville), Ontario this Friday to Sunday, and driving over there with 2 of my buddies, and honestly, this is the time when that flat-folding 60/40 split seats would come in SO freaking handy! Im really missing this feature as I plan on how we're gonna stuff all of ours stuff (bags, pillows, sleeping bags, 2 coolers, etc etc) into my little car with the 3 of us in it!

Oh well, I still love my fucking far! The hatch is great regardless.
Jem_hadar is offline   Reply With Quote