Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Tracking, Racing, Auto-X Forum
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-03-2017, 02:42 AM   #1
fujiwaru

Drives: 08 Toyota Yaris Sedan
Made the switch from HS to STF

I've done autocross before in my stock Yaris sedan, competing in HS back in 2014/15. I've always wanted to mod my car but that wasn't an option due to college at the time. Now that I've graduated college and got me a job, I had time to finally work on my car

I took the advice from the veterans here at SCCA Hawaii of starting with tires and suspension. These are the current mods I have:

BC Racing Coilovers (5k springs front / 3k rear)
16" SSR Type F Wheels (thanks Terrorize!!)
Federal 595 Evo Tires (thanks Terrorize!!)
TRD Rear Sway Bar

I had some help from Tom from Armstrong Racing on his forum (which I didn't know he was also on here till recently ) with install & setting up my coilovers for street/track use.

I think my next mod will be a Schroth Rallye Racing Harneses. I hate bracing my leg up against the door and center console during a hard turn. I feel like it affects my times since I'm always adjusting myself to prior to the turn vs actually focusing on where the car should be. Some of the other guys in STF also race with a 4 pt harness and they've been putting some serious times.

I'll probably stay in STF for awhile. I don't have a big budget to spend modifying my car plus it's also my daily so I need it to be somewhat comfortable on the street.

Some pictures from my first autocross race in stf

fujiwaru is offline   Reply With Quote