Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Wheels, Tires and Suspension Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 11-13-2018, 02:45 PM   #37
tmontague

Drives: '08 2zr swapped Vios M/T
Seriously? Wow, that reminds me of Toyota saying that burning a L of oil every 1800km is acceptable in their oil burning 4banger.

I can honestly say that I'm confident mine are valved properly. I had tokiko blues after using oem shocks on MI springs and I could tell the difference in an improperly valves spring.

What us most dissapointing about BC is their lack of knowledge on their own product. They should know what the numbers on the sticker mean, period.

Thanks for sharing your experience, let me know the the FA's are, I'm interested in seeing your set up as it is likely a set up I'll use in the future
Old 01-05-2019, 05:11 PM   #38
Ronnie V

Drives: 04 3dr HB and 04 5dr RS
So long overdue but as promised..........the weight of Swift springs vs "stock" springs.

Comparing a 8" spring in identical spring rates.......

BC racing - 1469 grams
Swift - 1094 grams

So the weight saving is considerable. Especially considering they are unsprung weight.

I am a fan of swift springs.......BC Racing still have no idea about customer service. Fortune auto confirmed my beliefs that BC racing has no shock building or shock dyno equipment in the USA.

For a set of properly valved coilovers call Fortune Auto. Superb customer service and no runarounds........

Cheers,
Ron
Ronnie V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 02:50 PM   #39
tmontague

Drives: '08 2zr swapped Vios M/T
Yep, definitely no manufacturing or assembly in the states, it is a Taiwanese company. On the contrary FA has their shocks made in Thaiwan (IIRC) and Forsberg all the valving and assembly in house in the US.

The more I get into tracking my car and using aftermarket parts, the more I realise how important customer service is and knowledge of theirbsctual products. Hence why I use carbotech brakes, super happy with conversations I've had with the. Iver the phone and their knowledge/recommendations