Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-02-2019, 10:22 PM   #1
Misha

Drives: Yaris
Air/Fuel sensor and VSV sensor ohms reading.

Dear all,

I have a 2010 sedan 5 speed yaris,(about 150km) few weeks ago, the engine light came on, I didnt have a OBD scan tool, did a few searches, suggested that it might be MAF sensor, I cleaned maf sensor and reset MIF, all was good. Did a voltage test on MAF sensor it is within limits.

Every now and then, when the car comes to stop, it will idle funny and will stall, especially when the car is hot. So i downloaded the manual for 2010 and looked up emission control part and have the following questions:

I did an ohm test for Vacuum Switching Value (VSV), the specified value is 23 to 26ohm at 20 degrees. When I measured my VSV it is at 28.6. will this still be ok? I read somewhere allow 20% for the range for the readings. will this be acceptable or is it off limit.?

Also, for Air/Feul(A/F) sensor, the ohms specification for pins 1(ha1a)-2(+B) is 1.8 to 3.4ohm at 20 degress, and pins 1(hala) - 4(e2) is 10kohm or higher,

Now, for mine it is at 6.7ohm when the engines is cold for pins 1-2, but for 1-4 nothing. when the car is warm, the reading is about 12.6ohm for ping 1-2 and still nothing for 1-4. I did the testing with the engine off.

Also for heated oxygen sensor, for pins 1-2 it is 11 to 16 ohm ,and for pins 1-4 it is 10kohm or higher, i get 13.3 for pins 1-2 but nothing for 1-4 again.

Has anyone done any sort of ohm test on A/F sensor or O2 sensor between pins 1-4 and got any readings?

Also, since there is continuity between pins 1-2, will the reading be within range again by cleaning the sensor?

I hope the above make sense and looking forward for suggestions.

many thanks in advance
Misha is offline   Reply With Quote