Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 11-08-2012, 08:34 PM   #1
Rammy

Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris Sedan
Fog Light wiring

So I have a 2007 Yaris S Sedan and it didn't come with any fog lights so I decided to buy some last week off some guy on ebay. I finally received them last night, and yes the saying "You get what you pay for" is very true. They seem like ESUSE knock offs and have very similar wiring. There is a wire in the ESUSE that is constant power (Always on) and than there is another wire that is a Light Switched wire. I as probably many of us normal people, don't have any kind of tools to test which wire is which as in the ESUSE fog light kit there is a Green wire (Light switched) and a Blue/Yellow (Always On), in this kit the wires are completely different but I assume they should be the same thing. So I want to put these lights in on this weekend and just go by simple Trial and Error. But do any of you know if I put these wires in visa versa, is there a possibility of me shorting something? Please help me out. And if I don't get any response, well... The next person that falls for these cheap lights will have a pretty good DIY manual. Thanks!
Rammy is offline   Reply With Quote