Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Wheels, Tires and Suspension Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 01-29-2019, 04:27 PM   #19
stidnam

Drives: Starlet
The Bilstein coilovers just have the adjustable sleeves and no adjustability in the rebound, which is ok but they aren't going to compete with your higher end coilovers in that regard.

The b12 kit is more comparable to the TRD kit. I think I saw somewhere that eibach make the springs for the TRD kit as well? Fact check that though. Not sure what you can get the b12 kit for though? At the end of the day, go for what's in your budget.
stidnam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2019, 08:12 AM   #20
firebird1999us

Drives: 2003 Mach 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by stidnam View Post
The Bilstein coilovers just have the adjustable sleeves and no adjustability in the rebound, which is ok but they aren't going to compete with your higher end coilovers in that regard.

The b12 kit is more comparable to the TRD kit. I think I saw somewhere that eibach make the springs for the TRD kit as well? Fact check that though. Not sure what you can get the b12 kit for though? At the end of the day, go for what's in your budget.
Well one thing that occurred to me is I should probably just go with the TRD stuff due to sheer availability. The Bilstein rep was super informative and they no doubt make an excellent product - but I don't know if it's worth the effort to get what amounts to a hybrid kit that I may not be able to source parts for in a bind. And it's not like I'm using the car at the track. I just want to replace the old stuff with something that's an upgrade, be able to drop the car to accommodate 16" rims without looking like a 4x4, and have improved handling. Plus the TRD stuff is cheaper... So I'm leaning back towards that. May order parts today for install next week!
firebird1999us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2019, 11:40 PM   #21
Type-Y

Drives: 2007 Yaris hatch
Not sure how they compare to the Bilstiens, but take a look at the Tein Street Advance Z coilovers. Not true coilovers in the rear, but they are height adjustable and you can adjust the damping. Cost approx. $573.00.
Type-Y is offline   Reply With Quote