Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 07-31-2010, 07:53 PM   #1
Bladerunner

Drives: Toyota Blade
More cruise control

Hi all
I have read all I can find about installing cruise control but nowhere have I been able to find any info on installing extra pins on the clock spring. Let me explain. The car has all that is required for the install e.g. dash light, hole in side of steering wheel. The problem is, there is a plug hole next to the airbag plug on the clock spring but it doesn't have the two pins required for the switch to connect to. My question is, is it possible to install the two pins? I know I can get the pins from Toyota as "spiral connector repair terminal 82998 12870.
Bladerunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 09:49 PM   #2
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
It is possible to install the extra pins in the spiral cable connector (the white 4 pin connector, that currently just has one pin for the horn).

Spiral Cable Connector - Insert Pins.JPG
CTScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 03:36 AM   #3
Bladerunner

Thanks for that. Does it not affect the horn and are there wires in situ on the ECM side of the spiral connector?
Old 08-01-2010, 06:11 AM   #4
Bladerunner

Hi CTScott
I have read your help articles with great interest. They are fantastic. With reguard to my situation, I forgot to mention this cruise control is not for a Yaris. It's for a Toyota Blade which is very similar to the Auris or Corolla Hatch. The part numbers are identicle. If you go to the supplied link http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/foru...howtopic=86751 you will notice that there are three plugs. My problem is that in my case. the right hand plug exists but there are no pins inside. Do you know whether it is possible to add them. As I explained earlier, the instrument panel has the "cruise" light but at this stage I am not sure if the cable from the back of the clock spring to the ECM exists or if it's possible to add it.
Old 08-01-2010, 08:56 AM   #5
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladerunner View Post
Hi CTScott
I have read your help articles with great interest. They are fantastic. With reguard to my situation, I forgot to mention this cruise control is not for a Yaris. It's for a Toyota Blade which is very similar to the Auris or Corolla Hatch. The part numbers are identicle. If you go to the supplied link http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/foru...howtopic=86751 you will notice that there are three plugs. My problem is that in my case. the right hand plug exists but there are no pins inside. Do you know whether it is possible to add them. As I explained earlier, the instrument panel has the "cruise" light but at this stage I am not sure if the cable from the back of the clock spring to the ECM exists or if it's possible to add it.
I have no familiarity with the blade, but looking at that thread, the horn is connected through one of the other two connectors, so the 4 pin one is just for cruise. As for checking the rest of the wiring, you'd need to located the wiring diagrams for the blade to verify what is what. If you open the steering column cover, you will see the other end of the spiral cable connectors. If you count the wires connected within the wheel and then count the ones coming out on the other side, if there are two extras down below (and they are connected to two wires that disappear into the dash) then you are probably pre-wired.
Old 08-01-2010, 10:12 PM   #6
Bladerunner

Thanks for the info. You are right with reguard to the EWD. Trouble is, I cant locate one for the 2007 Blade or Auris. Any suggestions.
Old 08-01-2010, 11:25 PM   #7
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladerunner View Post
Thanks for the info. You are right with reguard to the EWD. Trouble is, I cant locate one for the 2007 Blade or Auris. Any suggestions.
I don't know about the blade, but for the Auris, you could subscribe to the Toyota Europe techinfo site to grab them:

http://www.toyota-tech.eu/