Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 08-10-2010, 04:14 PM   #1
Tonavi

Drives: 2007 Yaris HB
Dealer service experience

I went to the dealer for an oil change to have them take a look at my exhaust. I think I may have hit part of a tire on the freeway that bounced up underneath and knocked something loose. Anyways, on startup there's a rattling sound and at 2000 rpm it resonates again. I had them take a look and they found the resonator was bad and because of the 80k warranty on exhaust components they will take care of it to the tune of $1,734.00, since it's all one piece and I get a new cat. I was predicting on having to fight with writer, but they brought it to my attention and ordered the part automatically and it will be fixed in two days.

A+ dealer experience today! I even bought a $25.00 air filter I was so happy!

What have your dealer experiences been like?
Tonavi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 05:15 PM   #2
swidd

Drives: Yaris HB
From a dealership other than the one where I purchased the car: similar experience, I took it in with a TSB note about smell from vents... they didn't reproduce the smell, but looked up the production number on the exhaust pipe part, found it was the old type, replaced it entirely covered by warranty, no hassle, and they even paid for an overnight rental car. To make it even better, they didn't at all suggest or try to push me to buy anything else, not even an oil change. Just asked if everything was okay... and if I liked the weather...

Motorworld in Wilkes Barre :)
swidd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 05:26 PM   #3
Tonavi

Drives: 2007 Yaris HB
I looked into the smelly A/C a few months ago and even though mine was an affected model, they said I waited too long and the TSB had expired. I never had it fixed and have been using it here a lot lately and it doesn't seem to smell anymore.

I could have gotten used to it, it didn't really bother me much to begin with. Smells like bubble gum in my car.
Tonavi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 08:51 PM   #4
salmonz

Drives: 07 Yaris Sedan
I've had bad experience with my local dealer. Will never go there again. They went downhill on customer service after they got their new dealership opened.

I go to the dealer in the next city if I really need something.
salmonz is offline   Reply With Quote