Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

Old 10-06-2011, 02:12 AM   #19
Shroomster
'07 to '12:2 wipers to 1?

Drives: '12 5-door LE & '14 5-door LE
I kind of regret not doing the oil-catch-can mod when I first read about it back in '07.....
Shroomster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 04:50 AM   #20
Klink10

Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback
Still here. Economy limits my mods and the way she sits now I'm happy. Into the appearance aspect so I spend alot of time doing the "wax on wax off" thing with different products.
Klink10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 06:32 AM   #21
thebarber
daily driver

Drives: the #wrecho
Quote:
Originally Posted by jekqmb View Post
Dont part out!!!!!!!! Stay
im still parting out, but im not leaving

i still intend to keep the yaris long enough for it to be my track weapon. its just going to switch hands for a bit so my wife can use it as a DD.

just selling the supercharger to get the car back to its economic roots (and taking off the exhaust since my wife finds it loud, haha)
Old 10-06-2011, 07:42 AM   #22
A-Dingo-Ate-My-Baby
Banned

Drives: yaris
best thing I got out of yaris forums was cruise control hack, and tpms hack. without yarforums I'd still be sucking my thumb

try to find this type of info on any other forum for any other subcompact...

I do have some 4runner hacks from yotatech
A-Dingo-Ate-My-Baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 08:29 AM   #23
jekqmb
Local Sh*t Disturber

Drives: 2009 Yaris LB
Its nice to see everyones opinion on things, whats interesting is most of your are noticing a decline in things around here!
Old 10-06-2011, 09:13 AM   #24
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Drives: lil red 5-door
Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
depends how you define decline... I've been here since close to the beginning of the site, when it was still a small, tight-knit community... Which then grew larger and attracted people from different walks of life, I was moderator for quite a while too, and let me tell you, YarisWorld has matured a lot over the years. There's definitely still a lot of room for improvement, but to call it a decline is to not look at the bigger picture!

Bye bye 1NZ...
eTiMaGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 09:45 AM   #25
jekqmb
Local Sh*t Disturber

Quote:
Originally Posted by eTiMaGo View Post
depends how you define decline... I've been here since close to the beginning of the site, when it was still a small, tight-knit community... Which then grew larger and attracted people from different walks of life, I was moderator for quite a while too, and let me tell you, YarisWorld has matured a lot over the years. There's definitely still a lot of room for improvement, but to call it a decline is to not look at the bigger picture!
Yea i guess your right, this thread will be good to get responses from others! I do wish we could have a donation to the site to improve looks though! I just think with the release of the Gen 3 Yaris we need to update things so we can grow more!
Old 10-06-2011, 09:47 AM   #26
Focus_Sh1ft

Drives: 08 Yaris Turbo; 06 tC Turbo
OP I can definitely see why you're aggravated. Like me, you seem to really wanna see this car pushed to its limits, but there's very few people doing it. Just look at how damn stagnant the FI section is lately. Honestly, that, performance, and FS is all I really look at on this site anymore. To avoid coming off as a hypocrite - I would love to continue pushing my car but finances and my new project make it difficult. Unfortunately, the fact of the matter is that at the end of the day this is an economy car. It'll never have an aftermarket and a lot of crazy builds like say, Scions do.

I also was hoping the FI scene for this car would take off once I proved the Zage kit would work. It's been over a year and less than 10 people have followed suite.
Focus_Sh1ft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 09:48 AM   #27
jekqmb
Local Sh*t Disturber

Quote:
Originally Posted by 47_MasoN_47 View Post
Well I hate to burst your bubble but this particular forum wasn't made just for the Yaris elite... I joined here in 09 when I bought my Yaris. Knew very little about cars other than the basic stuff. I've learned a lot here, and most if it is by asking the n00b questions. There are those people here who just expect everyone to automatically know everything. IMO that's stupid. I came to this forum to learn, and I continue to do so. I'm not sorry that I made an exhaust and wheels thread. For me, those are big things. I'm still a n00b when it comes to cars, as they are a tertiary hobby for me. I bought the Yaris because it was the most economical vehicle on the market at the time, when I found out there were parts available for it I've done some work on it and it looks like a totally different vehicle now. I wouldn't have been able to do any of that if it wasn't for asking "dumb" questions about "how to do $carMod" and "what do I do now?"

My primary interest is firearms. I know a lot about those and have 30 something. I used to moderate HiPointFirearmsForums before it got bought out a couple months ago, and I've moved on to another forum now. While there are those of us rocking $3000 custom built suppressed AR-15s there are also those who don't know a Glock from a Lorcin. Forums are generally composed of all types of people from all levels of knowledge, and that's what gives the place diversity and keeps the hobby growing. If you want a cool kid club with you and 10 or whatever other 1337 car h4xx0rz then it's going to be just that. After a while there's nothing left to do and it gets boring. It may aggravate you when people ask n00b questions, but without n00bs there would be no growth. I doubt that even the grand wizard himself, CTScott, came forth from the womb with a multimeter and a soldering iron busting out ECUs.

Bit of a rant yes, but as a long time forumer stuff like this just kinda grates on my nerves.
I did not mean to be offensive! I meant for it to light a fire under some asses so we can get things improved around here! But I got a good response out of you yes? This is what I was going for by making this thread! I want the site owners to see all of our opinions and hopefully make a few changes!
Old 10-06-2011, 09:51 AM   #28
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Drives: lil red 5-door
Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
Quote:
Originally Posted by jekqmb View Post
I want the site owners to see all of our opinions and hopefully make a few changes!
let us know if you have any luck

Bye bye 1NZ...
eTiMaGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 09:57 AM   #29
jekqmb
Local Sh*t Disturber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Focus_Sh1ft View Post
OP I can definitely see why you're aggravated. Like me, you seem to really wanna see this car pushed to its limits, but there's very few people doing it. Just look at how damn stagnant the FI section is lately. Honestly, that, performance, and FS is all I really look at on this site anymore. To avoid coming off as a hypocrite - I would love to continue pushing my car but finances and my new project make it difficult. Unfortunately, the fact of the matter is that at the end of the day this is an economy car. It'll never have an aftermarket and a lot of crazy builds like say, Scions do.
Yea I understand when people dont have funds and thats why i mentioned the economy might be causing problems or as you stated you have another project! But when the Gen 3 owners get here we want to be able to give them an exciting forum to join! I myself will be purchasing one in the spring and keeping my Gen 2 as well. The one thing people do keep saying is its an economy car, while yes it is here in the states, but in other countries people are die hard fans of the Vitz/Vios and mod them like crazy, thats why we dont get the 1.8TS yaris and we didnt get offered a TRD Turbo version of the Yaris cause its not like that here. But I do agree with everything you said! One day im just not going to care anymore, but where i live nobody mods the Yaris, I mean nobodY!!! My car used to get made fun of so bad until my efforts paid off and now everyone loves it at car meets. Its the drive to be different that sets all of us apart from the other competition. Thats what i always loved about here, but it seems like its fading away.
Old 10-06-2011, 09:58 AM   #30
jekqmb
Local Sh*t Disturber

Quote:
Originally Posted by eTiMaGo View Post
let us know if you have any luck
Hahaha yea no kidding! I know im not the first to make a thread like this and i wont be the last!
Old 10-06-2011, 10:38 AM   #31
weedtank
I need more stars

Drives: Liftback
I feel where you're coming from jekqmb. I owned a Honda CRX right before my yaris. The community and information available for it was awesome. Don't get me wrong, the stuff here is great too, but it's not as active.
Old 10-06-2011, 11:25 AM   #32
Hershey

Drives: 08 Yaris sedan auto / Fit auto
Not all of us are into modding . We bought YARIS , past and present because of the low price , the looks of both models , and the gas mileage . This site is very informative for D.I.Y. , problems you may encounter , etc.. Some have left this site due to being attacked on certain topics , which is a shame . We plan to stick around for as long as we own the YARIS and share our experiences with it , good or bad .
Hershey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 11:41 AM   #33
dmfang

Drives: 07 Yaris liftback
I've had my yaris for 5 years and am just now starting to do some minor mods. I don't plan on going all out, but I definitely love reading about what others have done/are doing. I've learned nearly everything i know about car mechanics from this forum (is that a little scary, or what?).

I too think that, like with civics, once they've been around a little longer, more people will pick them up cheap and mod the %$#@ out of them. In addition, as the car matures, more people will start seeking out maintenance advice. I think it'll only get more busy.

And if the apocalypse does happen, there's enough in the archives to keep me occupied for years
dmfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 12:20 PM   #34
Shinare
Bronze bombshell yaris

Drives: 09 Yaris HB 3door
Quote:
Originally Posted by Focus_Sh1ft View Post

I also was hoping the FI scene for this car would take off once I proved the Zage kit would work. It's been over a year and less than 10 people have followed suite.
Seeing your Zage downpipe bust in two at the weld and cali-yaris' manafold crack at the welds as well has kinda put a damper on my enthusiasm for that kit, heh...
Now I drive a CARMINE RED METALLIC 09 Yaris 3-door!! I'm Back!!! WooHoo!! Mods done so far: Tinted windows, Viper 211HV Remote Keyless Entry, Atoto Android headunit, backup camera, steering wheel controls

Before it was totaled I drove a 2007 Black Sand Pearl 3 Door Lift-Back M/T with 49k miles. Stock Everything except for black tint, all red badges, red dash, and stealth garage door opener. Ultra-Gauge mounted on steering wheel. A1 Electric MES Central Locks and Avital 3100 Alarm system.

Last edited by Shinare; 10-06-2011 at 12:35 PM.
Shinare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 12:54 PM   #35
Kioshi
Heart Up! Vitz

Drives: トヨタ Vitz
@ OP - Yes, this place has gone downhill....but in the past it has also gone uphill. It's just the economy and priorities have shifted for some people.

Some people mod the exterior only, interior only, others mod the engine entirely...it varies.
Just because people are not posting their crazy mods...doesnt mean people aren't doing the crazies.... ;)
Here's a sneak peek......

And even though barber is parting out......remember that he STILL owns the Yaris. Once thing stabalize, he will spring back up and go for crazy modding once more.

@enviri - i agree......its like how in Japan people mod small boxy Suzuki/Daihatsu, VIP vans and whatnot.....not because the car is slow or anything, but just for the fun of it.
We only live once, so we should make the most of it~

I stick around here, mainly due to NCVC being born on here.
I go on MicroImage forums too, when heavy modding is being done, like right now.
Kioshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 01:34 PM   #36
jekqmb
Local Sh*t Disturber

Well I appologize to everyone about the post being kind of mean! I think most people feel in some way that the forums do need help in one way or another which is good cause we still have a lot of members who care!