Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 11-26-2018, 12:59 AM   #19
komichal

Drives: Yaris 2007 1.3 2SZFE 64kW
I am from Czech Rep too and I do agree that the rental cars here are a risk. You may get lucky and get a good car but most of the rental car drivers here are assholes, their attitude is "it is not mine so I can turn it into junk and I do not care".
komichal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 08:30 AM   #20
praivo

Drives: 2000 SCP10, 2001 NCP13
So, how are the repairs going? I'm getting ready to take the front of my TS apart to repair the front frame rails and replace the subframe.
praivo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2019, 10:54 AM   #21
GrayYaris

Drives: Gray
And I thought I was the only one. I have a 3dr with rust in similar areas (I'm in CNY). The biggest mistake I made was grinding down the paint, hoping for an easy repair. What I found was a lot of holes, due to the body parts rotting from the inside-out. The body is really thin gauge steel in some areas, making a little bit of surface rust turn into a hole rapidly. For some reason a lot of salt and road grime gets sprayed on the right side. I wish I had sprayed fluid film inside the rockers and all over the unibody when I purchased the car.
GrayYaris is offline   Reply With Quote