Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Forced Induction Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 05-31-2013, 01:02 AM   #1
bryeager88

Drives: 08 yaris hatchback
got a few questions about the zage kit!!

I finally got the zage kit. I am having problems finding an adapter for the coolant lines. the 12x1.25 to 1/8 npt female fitting. anyone know a place that might carry them? or something that will work?. I looked at advance today and couldn't find anything. going to try a few places tomorrow. I have almost everything I need to start the install. got a few more things I got to pick up tomorrow. I also have a few questions about the coolant lines. most of the pics I have seen have the coolant lines going in and out the top and bottom (like focus shift's) with one plug left in each side. my turbo has both plugs in one side and no plugs in the other side, why is this? and is it ok to hook up like that? or will it put the turbo under pressure instead of flowing? I am new to the turbo world. any and all help will be greatly appreciated. thanks in advance
bryeager88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 10:57 AM   #2
kou

Drives: 08 lb
Check out hydraulic fitting suppliers. Also I am not running mine yet and have not seen anything bad because of it as long as you give the car a minute to idle before you turn it off.
kou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 10:59 AM   #3
kou

Coolant should be going in one side and exiting the other same with the oil in top out bottom, also make sure you upgrade the oil return to -10AN and you will have no issues.
Old 05-31-2013, 12:30 PM   #4
bryeager88

thanks kou. I figured it was suppose to be like that. I don't understand why they put both plugs in bottom and both holes on top are open. now I get to get one out and find a plug for the other on top. i still have to get the oil return line fitting too. haven't had much luck finding it either or maybe im just looking for the wrong thing. how did you do your oil return? I cant find any pics on here. searched all night last night
Old 05-31-2013, 12:55 PM   #5
kou

Check out my thread on microimage forums these oics are a little fuzzy. http://www.microimageonline.com/foru...lly-Boost-Time!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P5080067.JPG (81.5 KB, 114 views)
File Type: jpg P5080068.JPG (135.6 KB, 116 views)
Old 05-31-2013, 01:51 PM   #6
bryeager88

im not using the zage pan. wasn't available when I bought the kit. they said they were having issues with the mold or something. didn't really want it anyway. im going to be drilling and tapping the upper oil pan
Old 06-01-2013, 06:27 PM   #7
bryeager88

I have some fittings and things coming for the oil return and some for the coolant lines. I have to get one of the plugs out of the coolant spots on the turbo and plug one up on the other side...any suggestions on getting that freeze plug style plug out? ive tried a few things but im not having any luck. any ideas anyone?
Old 06-01-2013, 09:09 PM   #8
Focus_Sh1ft

Drives: 08 Yaris Turbo; 06 tC Turbo
Can you punch it out from the other side? Wish I could help more

Good luck with your install though. Take pictures, I need entertainment!
Focus_Sh1ft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 10:21 PM   #9
bryeager88

wish I could punch it out from the inside. it can never be that easy for me. never has been. lol. I tried to upload pics earlier and it wouldn't let me for some reason. I have a question for you focus. how is your oil return line doing? I ordered those fittings from your install guide. I guess im going to be drilling out one of the plugs and finding a way to plug the other side.
Old 06-02-2013, 12:15 PM   #10
Focus_Sh1ft

Drives: 08 Yaris Turbo; 06 tC Turbo
^ They're doing fine after almost two years. I've had a small leak the entire time, but if you use some sealant while installing them I suspect you'll be fine.
Focus_Sh1ft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 12:42 PM   #11
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
"coolant lines" he is talking about:

Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 03:17 PM   #12
bryeager88

^ see how both plugs are in one side. And none in the other side. Wth. Why? To make my install more difficult. Correct me if I'm wrong but they can't be hooked up like they are now.
Old 06-12-2013, 10:52 AM   #13
TOLMACH

Drives: soarer
Attemped installing my kit yesterday (the turbo assembly and mid pipe fit unexpectedly well), couple questions pls

1. Could not remove the stock oil pan.. Is it seems to be glued or smth.. What tools did you guys use to remove it? Rubber mallet plus something?

2. To Kou pls. Is your kit ZAGe as well?
TOLMACH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 11:24 AM   #14
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

I believe it's on there with Permatex or similar. Adhesive is not fun to get things apart! Pry gently!
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
Old 06-12-2013, 11:25 AM   #15
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Quote:
Correct me if I'm wrong but they can't be hooked up like they are now.
Why can't they be hooked up in that location?
Old 06-14-2013, 02:45 AM   #16
TOLMACH

Quote:
Originally Posted by cali yaris View Post
I believe it's on there with Permatex or similar. Adhesive is not fun to get things apart! Pry gently!
Thanks

Looks like this is what I gonna need ((

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Engine-Trans...82436a&vxp=mtr
Old 06-18-2013, 12:53 PM   #17
DKN-YARIS

Drives: YARIS HB
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOLMACH View Post
Attemped installing my kit yesterday (the turbo assembly and mid pipe fit unexpectedly well), couple questions pls

1. Could not remove the stock oil pan.. Is it seems to be glued or smth.. What tools did you guys use to remove it? Rubber mallet plus something?

2. To Kou pls. Is your kit ZAGe as well?
Just use a small flathead screw driver and slowly tap it evenly around the pan. Becareful not to bend the ends as its held in by the screws + Silcone so you will need to apply the same when reinstalling. Just make sure you've drained the oil for quite sometime as you may get a surprise when the pan does drop. :D
DKN-YARIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 07:50 PM   #18
TOLMACH

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKN-YARIS View Post
Just use a small flathead screw driver and slowly tap it evenly around the pan. Becareful not to bend the ends as its held in by the screws + Silcone so you will need to apply the same when reinstalling. Just make sure you've drained the oil for quite sometime as you may get a surprise when the pan does drop. :D
Thanks.. this sounds like a plan

Also, looks like everybody is just using the sealant to attach the oil pan. Is there any gasket that we can use?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/FEL-PRO-OS-3...684816&vxp=mtr

Tags
coolant lines, turbo kit, zage