Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Old 06-24-2019, 01:35 PM   #163
Maritime

Drives: 2008 yaris 5dr hatch
Well Still waiting to sell the CRV wheels and tires or my Winter wheels and tires. I am not getting any bites on them at all. I need them to sell soon as my rear tires are at 1/32 above the tread indicators. I really want to get the grabbers installed on this thing to finish the project.
Maritime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2019, 09:29 AM   #164
myfirstyota
3 Yaris and counting..

Drives: 07 Yaris rs 3 door 2zr swaped
It's not easy selling rims and tires. Especially if they're less than 75% tread and the rims aren't perfect. And even then you almost have to give them away.

My project is on hold cause there's 2 other vehicles to focus on for summer. Once august/September rolls around I'll get back to the lift kit. I have everything finished and already picked up the 2" wheel spacers. Just need to bolt it all on, get the tires mounted and aligned.

Xd/2zr-fe Swap/Build Thread
http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61427

Bolt-in 3.75" Suspension Lift Build Thread
http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=61577
myfirstyota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2019, 10:23 AM   #165
Maritime

Nice. The wheels I have are chrome alloys and are 1300 new the tires are at 40% and worth 600 new. Im asking 500. But they are a -1 size for crv/rav4/Rogue etc and folks dont get you can put a 16" wheel on a car that came with 17" and get better tire life. Perfect wheels for winter setup

Sent from my moto e5 play using Tapatalk
Old 08-27-2019, 05:50 PM   #166
Tskm2

Drives: Yaris hatchback 06
Are you able to measure the inside diameter of bottom rear spring to try too find a proper lift spacer? And the diameter size of the rubber top plate. I check to sens draw of everything to a machine shop to made something similar to kanook lift sx4
Tskm2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2020, 08:47 AM   #167
Maritime

Sorry Tskm2 I haven't had the parts out to measure. I was close to affording the tires to complete my lift but now the exhaust has shit the bed and I will need to repair or replace the cat flange to manifold as it has rotted to the point it is leaking and getting too loud to drive the car, and since it's a daily commuter I need to sort it and the $$ will go to it instead of my tires. I ended up giving my wheels and tires to a friend of my wifes. She came to visit and her tires were so bald I wouldn't let her leave without me swapping them.
Old 01-03-2020, 12:27 PM   #168
06YarisRS

Drives: 06 2ZR Turbo Yaris RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maritime View Post
Sorry Tskm2 I haven't had the parts out to measure. I was close to affording the tires to complete my lift but now the exhaust has shit the bed and I will need to repair or replace the cat flange to manifold as it has rotted to the point it is leaking and getting too loud to drive the car, and since it's a daily commuter I need to sort it and the $$ will go to it instead of my tires. I ended up giving my wheels and tires to a friend of my wifes. She came to visit and her tires were so bald I wouldn't let her leave without me swapping them.
Do you have a manifold? I have one if you want to come and get it. It was the one that replaced the rotted one on my '06 when I initially bought it. It might not be worth the drive if you can find one locally however.

2006 Yaris 5 Door RS 2ZR-FE (2011 Corolla 1.8L) Swapped, Automatic, T-28 Turbocharged (8 psi), HSD MonoPro Coilovers, DIY W/M Injection, custom 3" cold air intake, custom 2.5" exhaust, TRD rear sway bar, Penguin Garage 13mm spacers (rear), custom Civic front lip, full repaint, Android 6.0 7" touchscreen, Rockford Fosgate speakers, tweeters, NVX underseat subwoofer
https://www.instagram.com/2zr_turbo_yarisrs/
06YarisRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2020, 12:43 PM   #169
Maritime

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06YarisRS View Post
Do you have a manifold? I have one if you want to come and get it. It was the one that replaced the rotted one on my '06 when I initially bought it. It might not be worth the drive if you can find one locally however.
Thanks for the offer. I found a manifold on ebay for $50 US if I need it. I think the manifold is actually ok. it's the cat flange that is shot. Napa makes a 2 piece bolt on replacement I think I can use to fix it and change the gasket after some internet sloothing and thinking. Saves the work and cost to pull the whole midpipe and weld a new flange on. I shoved a bunch of 2 part high heat JB weld around the current gasket and my wife said it was quiet all the way from Woodstock to Fred 140 KM so that buys me the time to figure out the fix I can do the cheapest.
Old 01-03-2020, 12:45 PM   #170
Maritime

car has over 360K KM's on it now so don't like blowing a lot of dough on it
Old 01-03-2020, 05:31 PM   #171
06YarisRS

Drives: 06 2ZR Turbo Yaris RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maritime View Post
Thanks for the offer. I found a manifold on ebay for $50 US if I need it. I think the manifold is actually ok. it's the cat flange that is shot. Napa makes a 2 piece bolt on replacement I think I can use to fix it and change the gasket after some internet sloothing and thinking. Saves the work and cost to pull the whole midpipe and weld a new flange on. I shoved a bunch of 2 part high heat JB weld around the current gasket and my wife said it was quiet all the way from Woodstock to Fred 140 KM so that buys me the time to figure out the fix I can do the cheapest.
Ah, gotcha. If you need a manifold down the road, you're welcome to mine, free of charge, of course.

2006 Yaris 5 Door RS 2ZR-FE (2011 Corolla 1.8L) Swapped, Automatic, T-28 Turbocharged (8 psi), HSD MonoPro Coilovers, DIY W/M Injection, custom 3" cold air intake, custom 2.5" exhaust, TRD rear sway bar, Penguin Garage 13mm spacers (rear), custom Civic front lip, full repaint, Android 6.0 7" touchscreen, Rockford Fosgate speakers, tweeters, NVX underseat subwoofer
https://www.instagram.com/2zr_turbo_yarisrs/
06YarisRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 01:24 PM   #172
Maritime

So I got a better look and it's actually my manifold that is rotten, depending on the angle my brain was flipping the flanges. I ordered a new one off ebay, basically the megan, it was blow out sale of 50 USD, but when it arrived it isn't tapped for the O2 sensor. SO I got a buddy who can weld a bung on for that. Next took some pics of the bolt and nut situation and they are crusty. Manifold came with a fresh gasket and NAPA in Houlton had the doughnut and bunge in stock. I'll need to grab new bolts for all the attachments at the engine and at the cat but so far I'm in for less than $100 CAD. So going to drill the whole and prep the header for the O2 bung, give it to my buddy to be ready by Friday. Every day this week when I get home I will pop the hood and PB blast the shit out of all the nuts and bolts. Friday I'll start removing old and replacing the header. Trying to decide if I should order a new O2 sensor, the one in the car has 368K km on it and I may have trouble removing it. I just don't want to spend the 160 or so US on one. That rust is what 11 Candian winters causes.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20200103_194947983.jpg (86.7 KB, 112 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20200103_194848812.jpg (107.8 KB, 110 views)
Old 07-24-2020, 07:52 PM   #173
Tskm2

Drives: Yaris hatchback 06
Update to the lift?
Tskm2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2020, 02:21 PM   #174
Maritime

it's still lifted but on the standard size tires. I haven't had $$ to splurge on the AT's yet when the summer tires are still good. When they are worn and I need tires I'll get the AT's until then I'm rollin on the general Altimax and they wear like iron. I am about to do a bunch of reg maintenance to it this weekend though like parking brake adjust etc.