Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Fuel Economy Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 06-11-2009, 10:59 PM   #91
daf62757
Nothing beats a Toyota!

Drives: 2013 Yaris 5 dr liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Dog View Post
Since this thread has pretty much died I figured that on would I bring it back to life it and respond to the dismissive comments of Gene W.
1) Human caused planetary change is documented: Have you never seen a copper mine or a mountain with its top blown off to access coal or ever heard or seen pictures ofof the Pacific gere. Pretending these things do not exist is nothing but wishful rationization to allow those who can not deal with the fact that fossil fuel culturecauses harm to this planet to remain in their comfort zone. While there is global warming can still has room to be questioned by a reasonable person, the fact that ice caps that have been in exixtence for hundreds of thousands of are melting at the same time as our little industrial revolution is a quantifiable, and documented.
2. We are the monkey that pisses poison. We are the only species that creates inorganic waste that is toxic and does not degrade naturally.
3. In its most forgiving definition, pollution is the release of toxic substances which are destructive to lifeforms. To deny the existence of pollution is not just rationalization it is in fact denial to the point of is complete self delusion.
The fact that individuals, political parties, and corporate manipulate the perception of events does not mean that the events do not occur. Pretending that events that have documentation from mulitple sources that do not have no apparent motivation to manipulate their perception is not just scepticism. It is irrational self vindication.
"Dirty" Bob Dog
Gas $2.69 a gallon and rising south central VA 6/11/09

What about volcano eruptions? They cause more damage to the air than man.

Synthetic Oil....its in my car.....for at least 10,000 miles!

daf62757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 07:14 AM   #92
voodoo22

Drives: Yaris Sedan (auto)
It's over a $1 a litre in Toronto now. That's basically $4 a gallon.
voodoo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 09:24 AM   #93
roxy1

Drives: 2014 yaris 5 speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Dog View Post
Since this thread has pretty much died I figured that on would I bring it back to life it and respond to the dismissive comments of Gene W.
1) Human caused planetary change is documented: Have you never seen a copper mine or a mountain with its top blown off to access coal or ever heard or seen pictures ofof the Pacific gere. Pretending these things do not exist is nothing but wishful rationization to allow those who can not deal with the fact that fossil fuel culturecauses harm to this planet to remain in their comfort zone. While there is global warming can still has room to be questioned by a reasonable person, the fact that ice caps that have been in exixtence for hundreds of thousands of are melting at the same time as our little industrial revolution is a quantifiable, and documented.
2. We are the monkey that pisses poison. We are the only species that creates inorganic waste that is toxic and does not degrade naturally.
3. In its most forgiving definition, pollution is the release of toxic substances which are destructive to lifeforms. To deny the existence of pollution is not just rationalization it is in fact denial to the point of is complete self delusion.
The fact that individuals, political parties, and corporate manipulate the perception of events does not mean that the events do not occur. Pretending that events that have documentation from mulitple sources that do not have no apparent motivation to manipulate their perception is not just scepticism. It is irrational self vindication.
"Dirty" Bob Dog
Gas $2.69 a gallon and rising south central VA 6/11/09

i dont even know who you are arguing with. because some of us dont buy into unproven premise that humans have caused global warming (doesnt even mean they havent, just that there is no sound science to prove it) you seem to then jump erroneously to the conclusion that we deny there is a huge problem with humans polluting the earth. NO ONE HAS DENIED THAT!

you said "To deny the existence of pollution is not just rationalization it is in fact denial to the point of is complete self delusion"

again, i think you are arguing with an imaginary foe. unless i missed something in this thread, nobody has denied the exisitence of pollution, or that man has caused it, and NO, denying there is sound proof of human caused global warming is not denying that humans are polluting the hell out of our planet.

-no one has denied that humans cause pollution
-no one had denied that human recklessness causes certain planetary change (only that human induced global warming has in no way been proven with any sound science). there are all types of planetary destruction. global warming, even if humans did cause it, would be just one component of that.

-finally, and most importantly, i dont see anyone shutting their eyes and making denials that we need to get serious about cleaning up our planet. if they have, then shame on them for being blind, deaf, and stupid.

...and $2.89 regular in Michigan today.
roxy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 02:11 PM   #94
Bob Dog
DARK PHASE OF THE MOON

Drives: 07 liftback
Daf62757: Giant meteorites ,and vocanos are both capable of causing more damage thanwe arebut neither one is a "species."

roxy1: I wasn't addressing you or any points you made. You may chose to argue with me , I did not choose to argue with you. As it specifically states at the start of my statement I was speaking to points by Gene W.. Suffice it say that I politely decline any further discussion with you.

Last edited by Bob Dog; 06-14-2009 at 07:13 PM.
Bob Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 03:00 PM   #95
ROCKLAND TOYOTA
TRIM HUNTER

Drives: 2007 BLAZIN BLUE YARIS 3 DR
3.85 by me in ny for regular....

TOYOTA PARTS AT A DISCOUNT........
ROCKLAND TOYOTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 02:35 PM   #96
aeipee13
DKDC

Drives: Yarlet
i paid 3.0 (god damn) 9 for regular in San Pedro over the weekend.
aeipee13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 03:33 PM   #97
CKaelin

Drives: 2008 Yaris LB 5 speed
$2.639 in Mass

My other ride's a Gixxer!
CKaelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 03:40 PM   #98
Yaris Hilton
Half a Bubble Off Plumb

Drives: 2009 Yaris Sedan
Smile

I filled my daughter's tank yesterday at $2.489, lowest I've seen in a while.
Yaris Hilton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 04:04 PM   #99
YarisOwnersDad
Is now a Corolla S Owner

Drives: 2010 Corolla S
They are saying that inventories have gone up, which means that we should have peaked on gas prices by now. Sure hope so!

Tomster
YarisOwnersDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 05:18 PM   #100
gwasabi

Drives: 07 Blazing Blue LB
FUCK IT's 3 in hawaii!!!

MunkyWurks Garage - 8088488794
gwasabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 04:35 PM   #101
Yawesh

Drives: 08 sedan at
Quote:
Originally Posted by YarisOwnersDad View Post
They are saying that inventories have gone up, which means that we should have peaked on gas prices by now. Sure hope so!

Tomster
i think it will rise up to 3.30-3.50(highest)for regular before averaging out for the fall at 3 dollars.
Yawesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 01:59 PM   #102
wooverstone8

Drives: 2017 VW Jetta 1.4L Manual
Two days ago gas went up $2.89 a gallon for regular in my area, but fell down to $2.79 today.
wooverstone8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 02:14 PM   #103
Forrest

Drives: 08 LB BLACK
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCKLAND TOYOTA View Post
3.85 by me in ny for regular....

Yikes...$3.85??????????????????????????

Low I've seen 2.69 to a high (high oct) of $3.07

Have not seen anything like your 3.85. That's scarey
Forrest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 03:45 PM   #104
Yawesh

Drives: 08 sedan at
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forrest View Post
Yikes...$3.85??????????????????????????

Low I've seen 2.69 to a high (high oct) of $3.07

Have not seen anything like your 3.85. That's scarey
some places do charge recklessly - they probably also added credit card charge, and full service fee, etc. I have a Mobil that's charging 3.09, when other stations hundred meters away - are charging 2.89
Yawesh is offline   Reply With Quote