Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > New YARIS Purchase Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 02-28-2012, 11:04 AM   #1
reeync
New Yaris Owner

Drives: 2010 Yaris 5-door Liftback
First-time Yaris Owner

After driving a beloved 1995 Geo Metro Hatchback for 16 years and needing a newer car (long story there), I got a Chevy Aveo...and learned to totally despise it. Couldn't wait to pay it off and unload it!!

Saw the Yaris Liftback and just knew this was somehow at least a distant cousin to my wonderful little Geo. In November (2011), I secured my loan, went to the dealership, and drove the 2010 5-door liftback I'd seen online. Liked the Bayou Blue color, the way it drove, and, for $13,800 (one previous private owner, 19,000 miles), bought it. Since then, I've been one happy driver. I hope it continues to make me happy, but I think it will.

I know I could have gotten a new car for a bit more money, but I'm allergic to the "new-car" smell (formaldehyde and other chemicals in the carpeting), so a used car was my only option.

Found this web site when the maintenance light came on, and I Googled for a solution. thanks!
reeync is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 09:21 PM   #2
Ratz

Drives: 2011 Yaris 4 Dr. Sedan
I switched from Chrysler to Toyota and so far I am impressed with Yaris.

Looks like a sedan in the picture. I have the same colour.

Welcome to the forum.
Ratz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 11:08 PM   #3
bentjazz

Drives: 2009 Yaris--3dr MT
reeync,

Congrats on your purchase! Oh man, why don't they make the Geo/Chevy Metros anymore? I know it has to do with regulations and adding more goodies/safety features to a car, which increases the weight, etc. But those 1.0L 3cyl engines could go forever. Those XFI Metros got what, 50mpg on a routine basis. I say the government should keep their snouts out of our purchasing business, or at least give the consumer the choice of opting out of all the new mandatory safety features thus enabling us to purchase a car with real fuel efficiency capacity.
bentjazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 11:14 PM   #4
bentjazz

Drives: 2009 Yaris--3dr MT
As a side note, I have a friend who had an XFI Metro (1994 model, I believe) that had 350,000 miles on it when he sold it. He said the guy he sold it to took it to 450,000 miles before he lost contact with the buyer.
Just makes me sad we can't buy this sort of car anymore, unless it's garbed in the mantle of lithium battery tech. No thanks. Automobile manufacturers are simply switching dependence from one resource to another with these new hybrid cars. I say give Americans the option of smaller engines and less regulation. Isn't that what freedom is all about?
bentjazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 11:16 AM   #5
chriskizi

Drives: 2012 Yaris 3-Door
Awesome!
chriskizi is offline   Reply With Quote