Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Marketplace > Items for Sale by private party
  The Tire Rack

Closed Thread

Old 01-20-2009, 03:07 PM   #37
ChinoCharles
Banned

Drives: LB
Oh yeah. Lemme wipe my brow off, I know how much cheddar you're packin'.

Alright everyone, nothing to see here, move along.
Old 01-20-2009, 04:13 PM   #38
kou

Drives: 08 lb
give it to chino.
Old 01-20-2009, 07:18 PM   #39
crankyelbow

Drives: speedy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamago View Post
if they're 13X8 i'm interested. if not, i'm not lol
They are 13x5.5, the pic is basically what they are - but the ones I have aren't quite as polished. They were media blasted and I lightly buffed em up to a darker grey matte color (just about matches the meterorite metallic).

The tires are sumitumo htr 200's - excellent summer tires, incredible traction in everything but below 50 degrees :)

I'll get a pic up, and probably start a new thread for them.
Old 01-20-2009, 07:31 PM   #40
Black Yaris
der Zeck

Drives: '05 Audi A4 1.8t quattro
Is this SpeakerMan selling this Turbo kit?
Old 01-20-2009, 07:33 PM   #41
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
I say ban him for changing the terms of the classified ad after it was posted. So there.

I got Chino's back.
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
Old 01-20-2009, 07:42 PM   #42
crankyelbow

Quote:
Originally Posted by kou View Post
give it to chino.

This may be what happens, definitely deserving!

I'm gonna snooze on it till this weekend, make sure this is the direction I wanna head. Took the car out today and gave it a little gas... poops all over a TC lol... its such a step down, with more of an expense all around. But I would prefer the doodads and luxories...

But then there is the idea of a turbo celica, which would be much cheaper and more my style - payment would probably be lower or no more than the yaris after looking/haggling... but that 2.4 in the TC gets me more excited and trading an 07 for an 02 doesn't sound very exiciting at all... :)

Then there is also bypassing all this and putting the $1000 or so needed into swapping to a 5 speed... but this is one heck of a project, possibly with disasterous outcomes. I've very well mapped it out, but without anything really concrete to go off beyond the tech manual, it could be an accident waiting to happen... this turbo swap/sell could also be an opportunity to go this route with a little less worry...

I'll drive on out through amish country to do the swap there for gas + food + beer :)... this would be preferable as there isn't a good place to "swap" here, more of a come pickup the parts and I'll wrastle the stock parts on, but it would make life a hell of alot easier for all parties if you can see the kit come off... I'll have to be prepared to plug that hole in the engine block for the oil feed (reminder to self....)

But I want to be 500% sure of what I'm going to do afterword so I don't kick myself sometime after hitting the turnpike on the way back with a car that once again takes planning to pass on the highway... :)
Old 01-20-2009, 07:45 PM   #43
crankyelbow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Yaris View Post
Is this SpeakerMan selling this Turbo kit?
Surely is.

Terms not changed, I'm sure my "sleeping on it" would coincide with delivery anyway, will be alot of time to think about it en route and o return, so I'd like to have a clear head both ways :)
Old 01-20-2009, 07:51 PM   #44
ChinoCharles
Banned

Mark, I agree that it would be a lot easier on us to have you come here so we can uninstall your kit ourselves. It would also give me time to get everything tapped and freed up. Stock parts, gas, food, beers and a couch within walking distance of the bar is included. Think about it and let me know. Remember... you'd only have to drive a stock Yaris long enough to get to a dealership so you could trade that biotch in for a new car.
Old 01-20-2009, 07:54 PM   #45
ChinoCharles
Banned

This also may mean that my HKS exhaust would go up for sale. Two previous owners: eTiMaGo and myself. Its a damn piece of YW history!
Old 01-20-2009, 07:56 PM   #46
ChinoCharles
Banned

Quote:
I got Chino's back.
You're alright in my book, Garm. MIFTW
Old 01-20-2009, 08:05 PM   #47
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

maybe the OP wants to buy my turquoise widebody tC with the Turbonetics kit on it?
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
Old 01-20-2009, 09:34 PM   #48
crankyelbow

Quote:
Originally Posted by cali yaris View Post
maybe the OP wants to buy my turquoise widebody tC with the Turbonetics kit on it?
I'm more of a built not bought guy, I went ZPI for the turbo solely because it was approx as cost effective given the test fit deal.

The TC's weight is what I don't like, particularly with all the doodads that I won't want to remove to save said weight....

Buy it, nah... drive it... ::
Old 01-20-2009, 09:50 PM   #49
crankyelbow

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChinoCharles View Post
This also may mean that my HKS exhaust would go up for sale. Two previous owners: eTiMaGo and myself. Its a damn piece of YW history!
I believe the turbo kit aligns with the stock stuff. My exaust needs to be aligned (hangs too low), so you may wanna stick with that... but then the initial tune will be farther off. Just takes a bend before the resonator and re-weld @ the rear axle, I think it may have to be cut to get it off anyway (neither zpi or local shop got the exaust quite right...!). The sound is puuuurfect though, man o man am I gonna miss that!!!!!

I'd def hit a dyno sooner than later + get a wideband (exhaust is tapped for that at least), if that wasn't already the plan :).

Researching this celica idea, always liked em but the ones in my price range are hard to find and 00-02 gt seems to have oil consumption issues... gts is possible but insurance...

Another night to sleep on it :)
Old 01-21-2009, 01:42 AM   #50
staypuft
aka SDMF

Drives: 07 LB Met Met
Send a message via AIM to staypuft
so i take it this is a feeler thread????

follow me on twitter www.twitter.com/samuryan_x
Old 01-21-2009, 06:53 AM   #51
Black Yaris
der Zeck

Drives: '05 Audi A4 1.8t quattro
no to be a dick..... but you did get banned because a bad business deal
why come back and admit who you are?
Old 01-21-2009, 07:45 PM   #52
crankyelbow

Quote:
Originally Posted by staypuft View Post
so i take it this is a feeler thread????
In PM's with chino, not so much a feeler I think we may have it worked out :)

The aforementioned deal was resolved, btw... perhaps if this goes as planned confidence can be reinstated. I'd say trying to hide would be significantly silly given the rarity of the ZPI kit.
Old 01-21-2009, 08:01 PM   #53
ChinoCharles
Banned

Everyone that needs to know knows. That is all that matters.
Old 01-21-2009, 08:34 PM   #54
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

seriously? This is a banned member posting? Banned for bad business? The infamous "spkrman"?

[ subscribed ]
Closed Thread