Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

Old 04-14-2010, 10:09 PM   #1
sc300fivespd
Sc300TT stranger.

Drives: 1994 sc300 twin turbo r154
Send a message via AIM to sc300fivespd
check out my car, and my story, almost always updating...

hey guys welcome to my car build thead that's always ongoing.
i have always been looking for a sc300 with a factory 5speed since i can remember. so one day on craigslist one popped up. clean title, and it said 4k obo i thought hot danm ill talk that guy down in price. so i hit him up and went to sf to look at it. i acted dumb and finally said, oh man its a manual? no one wants a manual luxury car. and the interior is bad and the body has alot of dents and dings, ill give you 3k. he said ok. so i said ok here is 700 bucks, smog it and ill pick it up. so the next day i wen tthere with the rest of the money and picked up the car. on the way home i saw alot of other sc's. i was pumped. when i bought the car it looked brown. the next day i washed it and my friend took these pics of my car.

and after the wash was done i discovered this pretty blue color underneath the grime! yikes... the car used to be garnet pearl but at some point it was painted blue. this car is a jzz31 #076 off the assembly line. 3k3 garnet pearl was the original color with a tan interior.

next step was to get that old tan carpet cleaned up. disgusting man that owned the car did not take care of the poor baby. smelled like butt-hole and alot of stains all over the place...
i hit the local bargain store, big lots. i bought 4 cans of 409 carpet cleaner and a hand held brush. 10-15 bucks total if that...
here is the 409, you gotta make a funny face when you hold the cans or else it wont work.

what i did was to take the front seas out of the car first and vacuum the whole carpet as best as i could. then you take the cans of 409 and start covering the carpet. dont stop till its all covered. you have to let it soak for a while. then have some gloves handy with your brush as well. start brushing the carpet. keep a pattern going dont do circles. just back and forth..
after a while you should be getting to the end. scrub those nasty stains with the brush, i got out coffee stains, no oxi-clean here guys just some elbow grease.

once the scrubbing is done vacuum anything that's left over and you should have some sexy new looking carpet like this.

then came some wheels and a temporary drop including custom 3 inch exhaust no resonators no nothing with hks hi-power.

enjoy!

June-2 2009

The swap was started at 8:30a, 8:32 to be precise that's when the first two pics were taken. By 11 basically, the old engine was out and the tranny was bolted up to the gte waiting for engine mounts. at exactly 1:03pm the engine was in with both the tranny and the engine bolted up. PS: car is on jackstands that's why its high off the ground, notice tires not touching the ground.... and yes my tires all have wires sticking out of them. its been over a year with these tires its their time to go...

97 tails

custom gauges i setup

goodies

sc300fivespd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 10:15 PM   #2
YAR1S

Drives: 07 Yaris 3dr LB (Bayou Blue)
Send a message via AIM to YAR1S
:) you are awesome. <3

Quote:
"Spendin money that I don't have to buy parts that I don't need to impress people that I don't know"
YAR1S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 06:43 PM   #3
sc300fivespd
Sc300TT stranger.

lots of new things.. 72 mm single turbo is in act stage 4 clutch is in. r154 tranny. i scored a full black leather interior and 97 body kit, and the car is off to paint plus coilovers..

1994 Sc300 5spd 1 of 227:D #076
Single Turbo 2JZ-GTE, Tial bov, R154, bc coils, ls400 brakes, 3" piping, HKS Hi-Power, Ruff Racing Wheels, Tint.
Torque wins the races, HP wins the shows!
Check out my threads and leave some love.
Ongoing build and 4.5 hour 2jz-GTE swap.
Ongoing Photoshoot Thread ....
Old 02-14-2012, 11:45 PM   #4
sc300fivespd
Sc300TT stranger.

Here it is guys, i know some of you have been waiting for this for a while now, and noticed I haven't really posted anything about my car in a year almost! no i didn't sell the car, it has been going through MAJOR changes! last you guys saw it was at this stage..

Well, this bad girl has come a long way since then! i hope you got dirty underwear on because they will get dirty very quickly! I could tell you what I have done in the past year, or I could SHOW you what i have done! well SC guys, its 2012 and its the year of big changes!

MONEY SHOT!

1994 Sc300 5spd 1 of 227:D #076
Single Turbo 2JZ-GTE, Tial bov, R154, bc coils, ls400 brakes, 3" piping, HKS Hi-Power, Ruff Racing Wheels, Tint.
Torque wins the races, HP wins the shows!
Check out my threads and leave some love.
Ongoing build and 4.5 hour 2jz-GTE swap.
Ongoing Photoshoot Thread ....
Old 02-15-2012, 12:13 AM   #5
Kaotic Lazagna

Drives: '14 GT86, '08 Vitz
^ nice, I didn't realize that you were on YW. lol
Kaotic Lazagna is offline   Reply With Quote