Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Tracking, Racing, Auto-X Forum
  The Tire Rack

Closed Thread

Old 04-21-2007, 12:14 AM   #1
BMGYaris

Drives: Yaris 3dr Hatchback
Racing a cop

Alright, so this is the set up. And just so you know, its a pretty slow race:) The speed limit is 35 mph--its night and there are no other cars on the road.

Im sitting at a red light, and then a cop pulls up next to me and kinds of rolls ahead of me a little bit, you know, just crossing the white walk lines . I know what he is thinking.
Its two lanes here, but just out of sight and around a corner the two lanes merge into one, and here this fucker is, and he thinks he is going to pass me and get in front. So i decide im not going to have any of it. I dont like to lose off the line anyway. My heart is pumping, I decide I dont want him to know im doing it intentionally, incase im wrong about his motives, so i pull out my cell phone and pretend to talk on it. The light changes and I start to accelerate, not slamming it, but taking a pretty good pace

I hit 20mph.

He starts to pull up along side of me. Just as he starts to take the lead I pick it up a little faster, we hit 35 and we're side by side again, when I start to pull ahead. He responds. Naturally I have to pick up even more speed, we hit 50mph.
Ther lane merger is now in site and he starts to get a little more seroius. He starts to push ahead faster and I match him, we hit 70. It gets even more serious, Im still "chatting" on my phone, my heart racing and im thinking, "what the fuck are you doing brian". He takes the lead again and before I know it I'm flying by the merger at 85mph and he slides in behind me. Of course I quickly turned right at the next red light and he went straight, my body still shaking but I kicked his ass it was great
Old 04-21-2007, 12:24 AM   #2
Sabretooth
37HSSV

Drives: '11 Mazdaspeed 3
Send a message via AIM to Sabretooth
lol, if a cop in my area hears an exhaust that sounds a lil too big, or even a hint of blow-off...your getting pulled. Though I have seen a couple rookies go at it, with an Impala Interc. vs Crown Vic Interc. Interesting race.
Old 04-21-2007, 01:55 AM   #3
graywolf_14

Drives: um not a yaris but hopefully
Oh I seen the funniest thing, pulling into a quick trip I see a cop standing there smoking a cig with a few people. So I get out and go talk to them and he is all talking about some people he pulled over for racing. Well he was like but this dude in a cav took off. Well right after that we hear a muffler and we look and here is the car pulling into the gas station. So he gives the punk a ticket right there. He even lets him go inside and get a drink.
Old 04-21-2007, 02:01 AM   #4
Sabretooth
37HSSV

Drives: '11 Mazdaspeed 3
Send a message via AIM to Sabretooth
Your state might have a modification law, anything that changes the emmissions can be written up for a citation. My state really isnt that harsh, but they have a Decible range for mufflers. Too loud, too bad...pay up.
Old 04-21-2007, 06:35 AM   #5
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Drives: lil red 5-door
Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
continue here:

http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5212

Bye bye 1NZ...
Closed Thread