Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 12-09-2009, 06:55 PM   #19
DandiDani

Drives: 09' Meteorite liftback
Send a message via MSN to DandiDani
lol
Old 12-09-2009, 09:17 PM   #20
kustom play
pink wheels are cool

Drives: 07 liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by toad View Post
the only time i got stuck last year was when we got a HUGE snowstorm and i drove 4 hours thru it with hardly any problems until in the morning when the plows finally started to do something about it they created a two-foot deep mound of snow right at the entrance to my work. i didn't see it until it was too late and i went right into it! luckily i didn't have any front-end damage because i drove up on top of it, but that put all four wheels in the air and i was resting the chassis on top of it. just kind of ironic that i had issues only once they started 'clearing' the roads!
something like that happened with me but i had a jeep so that was even funnier lol

it was balanced on the skid plate lol

http://www.4055design.com
kustom play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 10:58 PM   #21
ryota
Dry Bones

Drives: 2008 Yaris Liftback
Send a message via AIM to ryota
the town i work for fixes quite a bit of things... there was a person that was driving a motorized scooter (like a razor scooter) on the sidewalk (which is illegal mind you) and ran into a metal snow stake... we've been in courts ever since then and will probably end up losing. and this is all after i painted about 400 or our green metal snowstakes yellow with an orange tip. i guess one persons illegal misfortune is my paycheck.

moral of the story, try. i'm sure as long as you're not a complete dick they'll help you out how they can. dpw's do have mechanics and everything so worse comes to worse you can see fo they will fix it for you at their shop.
Old 12-10-2009, 02:17 AM   #22
coffiend

Drives: 08 Black LB
I hear that, im definitely trying to be as respectful as possible to everyone I talk to just so that they dont think im some young asshole trying to take advantage of the city (im 21)

Essentially what they're doing is making me get an estimate of the damages and "file" an insurance claim from my insurer... but my agent is writing to the company saying that all we really need is a policy number (for proof to the city) and that Im not filing a claim with the actual insurance agency. Then I have to submit all of this to the city and they make a decision based on.... I guess however they feel about it. The agent explained to me that he thought it would end up much like cases where people file claims against the city for pot holes damaging their cars. He said normally, they initially refuse to pay for damages but end up folding and just going ahead and doing it...

...im really hoping thats the case right now.

I WANT MY POOR CAR FIXED!
coffiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 05:18 AM   #23
Forrest

Drives: 08 LB BLACK
You were probably not the only person that had hit this snow mound ! If the city denies your claim, of course you can go through your own ins. to get fixed, but....I would call the local paper, ask them to do a story on the city streets and mounds of snow in roadways. Write letters to the editor, ask if others have had the same problem and city not paying.
I bet they do not want the bad PR and will end up paying.
Forrest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 10:46 AM   #24
kustom play
pink wheels are cool

Drives: 07 liftback
bad PR for a city? they dont care, you HAVE to pay taxes. Its not like you can stop bad or good PR they still have you :(

http://www.4055design.com
kustom play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 01:34 PM   #25
coffiend

Drives: 08 Black LB
Lol well unfortunately the city that I live in was rated te 3rd best place to live in the country... So... Idk how much teyre really worried about some snow mounds an one random yaris getting beat up...

Or maybe the fact is advantageous since they have a great reputation to defend... Who knows?

Either way I really hope the city officials gave sone compassion for a student w\out a lot of money to fix a car :(
coffiend is offline   Reply With Quote