Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-11-2007, 08:28 AM   #1
hystria

Drives: 2007 Orange Yaris Hb 3Drs
Having clutch issues ?

Hello everybody,

this topic is meant for those complaining about clutch issues, for several reasons... although this might not fix them all, its probably worth trying it

I found my clutch had some weird behavior, clutch shattered when released in 1st gear, friction point was too long, and finally the pedal got harder to depress.

There is only one think one could try DIY: bleeding the clutch cylinder. However this could be a very tricky operation as I found that is very hard to bleed it well. At one point it seems no air remains in the cylinder while the clutch pedal still doesn't work right. I finally found the trick to do it right, air came out, and the clutch works just fine now This trick is anything but the normal procedure described in the technical book... I'd suggest that even at the dealer or at the assembly line, the technician might not have been bleed the clutch cylinder as it should. This might cause weird clutch behavior as noticed by several Yaris owners.

As an extra, for those having long legs, note that the pedal clutch can be adjusted to stay closer to the floor. Also, the friction point can be set upwards too, for those who found it to be too close to the floor.

That's all
hystria is offline   Reply With Quote