Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Old 01-14-2010, 02:15 AM   #1
brittanynoele

Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris - 3dr HB
Simple AUX Cord Installation?

Hey guys, i have a 2007 Toyota Yaris with the factory installed stereo system and speakers (the one that plays mp3 cds). I'm just wondering if my stereo is AUX cable ready or not? i bought the 1/8 male to male cord today and was hoping to install it tomorrow. I have been looking around online and it looks like the back of the stereo unit does have the auxiliary input port, but is this all i really need to be able to connect my ipod to my car? if so why didn't toyota just do it for me when i bought my car?

that's all! any advice/input would be really helpful, thanks!

-brittany
brittanynoele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 08:48 AM   #2
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
The AUX jack is an option. If your Yaris had it, it would be in the center console area (near the emergency brake lever). It looks like the thing to the right of the radio in the picture below. The thing that says "AUX" flips up to reveal the 1/8" stereo input jack.

If your car doesn't have the aux jack, it is possible to add one, since your car should have the wiring already in place for it.

CTScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 10:55 PM   #3
brittanynoele

Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris - 3dr HB
Thanks, I have another question though. Will any aftermarket female aux adapter work or is it a proprietary adapter since at the other side is the block where it connects to the back of the stereo? Do you have any recommendations as far as brands and stores to get it from?
Thanks again for your help!
-Brittany
brittanynoele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 11:17 PM   #4
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by brittanynoele View Post
Thanks, I have another question though. Will any aftermarket female aux adapter work or is it a proprietary adapter since at the other side is the block where it connects to the back of the stereo? Do you have any recommendations as far as brands and stores to get it from?
Thanks again for your help!
-Brittany
It's proprietary, so the Toyota one is required.
CTScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 03:22 PM   #5
toyota
SRacer

Drives: Toyota Yaris 2007
Send a message via Yahoo to toyota
i have 2007 toyota yaris (sedan) as well and
the aux input came standard. You just
plug in and play...give it a try, it's on
the passengers side and change it to
AUX it should work perfectly fine

Learn The Truth about Six Pack Fast!
toyota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 12:16 PM   #6
chazmichaelmichaels
I've made a post!

Drives: Yaris VVT-i 2010
:(

i have a UK yaris, which doesnt come with the AUX as standard for some reason. Can anyone help me with an easy way of connecting an AUX jack? \iv been looking around the net for ages, found a few this such as aux interfaces? although many of which dont show my yaris radio as one that is compatible
thanks fro any help
chazmichaelmichaels is offline   Reply With Quote