Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

Old 12-28-2006, 06:15 PM   #19
hasher22
Look mum no stars!!

Drives: Toyota Yaris 06
Send a message via MSN to hasher22
Quote:
Originally Posted by vodkalush View Post
jus got wii internet browser.... and aka yarisworld on the wii!!!
Yea how the hell did u get the net on it. Cuz theres only USB Ports i need ummm LAN ports, though ive been told to get USB-LAN converters but cant find any.

DW i need a LAN adapter
Old 12-28-2006, 06:17 PM   #20
eflb55
its EF LB 55

Drives: Toyota Yaris 2007 Sedan (US)
its wireless, get a cheap wireless router from staples or something. I thought I saw one going for like a dollar the other day. If you are using a cable router than just plug the wireless router into that I think.
eflb55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 06:22 PM   #21
hasher22
Look mum no stars!!

It will cost me alot less with the USB - Ethernet adapter. Im gonna go to my local electronics place. They should have it.

Plus i need a 1 - 2 Ethernet Split adapter so i dont have to keep switchin cables from the WII and 360!
Old 12-28-2006, 07:08 PM   #22
punch

Drives: 2007 Yaris Sedan "D" package
Quote:
Originally Posted by hasher22 View Post
lol cant be bothered....so your saying that people who buy the console now gets EVERYTHING on 1 year warranty? and the people who baught the console b 4 that new warranty was introduced gets the old warranty right?
nope they are saying if you bought it within the last year, you get the 1 year warrenty, and if you had to pay for repairs microsoft will re-imburse you the money on the repairs, but you really don't care for the money, or you would be bothered..
punch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 07:21 PM   #23
bigsky2
Cousin Vitz

Drives: Yaris RS 5DR / Vitz RS wannabe
The PS3 is intended for tech savvy gamers and individuals who want next generation graphics and physics in video games. When paired with the proper TV, the PS3 is really incredible. I think they've also built a strong foundation with people who enjoyed all the Playstation exclusive titles over the PSX and PS2; Final Fantasy, Metal Gear Solid, Gran Turismo, GTA (exclusive to PS2 for a period of time), etc...

Some developers have opened up and are now comitted to developing for both the X360 and PS3, namely Rockstar with its intention to release the next GTA on both consoles at release.

Sony's goal is to use the PS3 to push Blue-Ray on the masses so that it quickly becomes the preferred format. Preferred, and not accepted, because HD-DVD is capable of holding its own against Blue-ray. Most people already have Hi-Def content delivered via TV, and there will be a bigger push for Hi-Def content for home entertainment. DVDs are limited to 1080i after upscaling, and at that resolution, it does not take advantage of the TV's true HD capabilities (provided the TV is capable of 1080p).

The PS3 will take to the market very slowly for the next two quarters. Things will get somewhat better when the first major blockbuster title is delivered; ie. Gran Turismo 4, Metal Gear Solid 4, Final Fantasy XIII, etc. I am worried Sony will flop the online connectivity with the PS3 as they did with the PS2 and screw over a lot of people again.

Most of the solid games for the PS2 are all single player games, and today there's a stronger demand for a multiplayer element in games. I enjoy Gran Turismo a lot. I would enjoy it a lot MORE if I were able to participate in races, trade cars, etc, with other players from around the world.
Old 12-28-2006, 08:02 PM   #24
hasher22
Look mum no stars!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch View Post
nope they are saying if you bought it within the last year, you get the 1 year warrenty, and if you had to pay for repairs microsoft will re-imburse you the money on the repairs, but you really don't care for the money, or you would be bothered..
http://www.xbox.com/en-US/support/sy...s/warranty.htm

One Year Express Warranty on Console. Subject to the terms and conditions of this Limited Warranty, Microsoft warrants to you only (the original retail purchaser) that, during the Warranty Period and under normal use and service, the Xbox® Console will substantially conform with the printed user instruction materials packaged with the Console.

90 Day Express Warranty on Accessories. Subject to the terms and conditions of this Limited Warranty, Microsoft warrants to you only (the original retail purchaser) that, during the Warranty Period and under normal use and service, the Accessory will substantially conform with the printed user instruction materials packaged with the Console or Accessory (unless a separate written express warranty is packaged with the particular Accessory).

there u go...i was right. ONLY THE CONSOLE is under 1 year warranty. and Accessories is 3 months
Old 12-29-2006, 07:54 PM   #25
punch

Drives: 2007 Yaris Sedan "D" package
Quote:
Originally Posted by hasher22 View Post
http://www.xbox.com/en-US/support/sy...s/warranty.htm

One Year Express Warranty on Console. Subject to the terms and conditions of this Limited Warranty, Microsoft warrants to you only (the original retail purchaser) that, during the Warranty Period and under normal use and service, the Xbox® Console will substantially conform with the printed user instruction materials packaged with the Console.

90 Day Express Warranty on Accessories. Subject to the terms and conditions of this Limited Warranty, Microsoft warrants to you only (the original retail purchaser) that, during the Warranty Period and under normal use and service, the Accessory will substantially conform with the printed user instruction materials packaged with the Console or Accessory (unless a separate written express warranty is packaged with the particular Accessory).

there u go...i was right. ONLY THE CONSOLE is under 1 year warranty. and Accessories is 3 months
umm isn't the harddrive part of the console? accessories, are the controllers, steering wheels, cables etc...
punch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 09:58 PM   #26
hasher22
Look mum no stars!!

Nope thats y when i sent my console back 3 times, they only want the console it self.

They said to me, take off the face plate and the harddrive and anything else thats connected to it (cables and such)

sad huh with the 3months for accessories
Old 01-08-2007, 03:05 AM   #27
Impresive-G

Drives: 2007 Vitz Liftback
Send a message via AIM to Impresive-G
Actualy I work @ Ciruit city. If anyone wants info of when I get them in I can tell you.

And No I dont do hook ups or lower prices.

,___,
[O.o] O'RLY?
/)__)
-"--"-
Current: 2007 Toyota Yaris
History: 1988 Toyota Tercel (sold), 1993 Nissan 240SX (sold)
Impresive-G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2007, 09:13 AM   #28
pxpaulx

Drives: Barcelona Red 5spd sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Impresive-G View Post
Actualy I work @ Ciruit city. If anyone wants info of when I get them in I can tell you.

you must be talking about the Wii? cause i've seen the ps3 sitting in the case at walmart and target in the last week (and i live in a minneapolis suburb, so no small market here).
pxpaulx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 03:44 AM   #29
Jem_hadar
MORDSITH

Drives: 2007 Yaris Hatchback
Send a message via ICQ to Jem_hadar
SNES and Nintendo DS for LIFE!
Old 01-13-2007, 03:48 AM   #30
Blenjar

Drives: Black Yaris 07 HB
Send a message via AIM to Blenjar
Here in CT PS3 are in stock...lots of store have them..

-- Blen
Blenjar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 04:07 AM   #31
hasher22
Look mum no stars!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blenjar View Post
Here in CT PS3 are in stock...lots of store have them..

-- Blen
cuz the damn average person cannot or dont wanna spend 1000AUD on it + games + maybe more controllers for family members + whatever accessories for it
Old 01-18-2007, 01:38 PM   #32
nsmitchell

Drives: LB-Auto-PWR-ABS-Cruise-Springs
Quote:
Originally Posted by Impresive-G View Post

I worked at Circuit City Corporate for 18 years.
nsmitchell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 02:58 PM   #33
hhcchen
stop staring my star perv

Drives: 97 tercel
wii requires some physical fitness in order to play...
i played once the other day... tried to get as much home run as possible...
next day... i got muscle sore...
hhcchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2007, 03:44 PM   #34
hasher22
Look mum no stars!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hhcchen View Post
wii requires some physical fitness in order to play...
i played once the other day... tried to get as much home run as possible...
next day... i got muscle sore...
lol yeah its fun that way......better than sitting down pressing buttons....

i got some HD cables for the WII....i saw no difference.....
Old 01-18-2007, 04:50 PM   #35
bigsky2
Cousin Vitz

Drives: Yaris RS 5DR / Vitz RS wannabe
I decided to keep the 2nd unit I bought and I had a chance to try it out for a week.

Current library of games is shit, imho.

Downloaded Gran Turismo HD concept and it looks like it's going to be a winner. I just hope they address some long oustanding issues such as the robotic AI, absence of damage, and the lack of an in-vehicle view.

F1 Championship racing looks like a dud. No sense of speed whatsoever and the physics feel real sloppy.

Overall I'd say the PS3 is a great value if you are after a Blue-Ray player, because it's the cheapest Blue-Ray player available

I'm watching the scene closely to see if there are any hopes of a homebrew style code for the system, and in addition to any hacks that could be developed.

It's been confirmed that Linux can run on the system, and the hardcore guys at PDX confirmed that they have developed a boot loader to run ISO images off the hard drive.

Good times ahead.
Old 01-18-2007, 06:30 PM   #36
ChinoCharles
Banned

Drives: LB
NERD

ChinoCharles is offline   Reply With Quote