Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > New YARIS Purchase Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 12-31-2006, 11:26 AM   #1
KittenRD

Drives: Metallic Meteorite Liftback
Send a message via AIM to KittenRD
Dealer being a pain...HELP

Okay, I bought my car Thursday. I paid for it, signed all the paperwork, got the license plates (title in the mail), and I got my registration. With toyota, a new graduate can get $400 off. Since I am a new college graduate, I got the $400 off. The dealer said I only need to bring my diploma in to show them....so this is what I did. Problem is...my dad got a call the next day since I was at work (and I'm not allowed to have my cell phone on) from the dealer saying that this was only if you finance the car. He said that I need to pay them $400 or bring the car back. Help. I am not paying the $400 seeing I actually paid a little more than I should have. I am also not bringing my car back since I waited 4.5 months since they freakin lost my order or something. They are so incompetent! Never use Lexington Toyota. I could get the car I want from another dealer for cheaper, but then I'd have to wait about month and a half and I have my insurance all set up....
KittenRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 11:30 AM   #2
Black Yaris
der Zeck

Drives: '05 Audi A4 1.8t quattro
you have everything signed and in writing with the $400 off, correct? If so, they fucked up and it is in no way your responcability to pay for something they messed up. Long as all your finance papers are signed and you have a copy you are in the clear. Tell that dealer to go fuck themselves
Old 12-31-2006, 12:50 PM   #3
03Z33

Drives: TCR10
That's right. If they made a mistake it's on them. Just like you wouldn't be able to change your mind and take the car back. But if you wanted to be "nice" call their bluff and say "OK here's the car back, I'm not paying $400". Chances are they won't unwind the deal over just $400.
03Z33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 03:00 PM   #4
acrbill

Drives: Polar White Hatch
Take the car for a nice road trip to rack up some mileage and then bring it back. LOFL!

Spray some perfume in the car too so there would be no way that they could attempt to call it a new car.

Just ignore them all together. They apparently messed up and are throwing up a hail Mary to see if they can come across a sucker.

The reason that they seem to be making a big deal is probably because the $400 will come out of the salesmans commission.

Please keep us updated!
Old 12-31-2006, 03:02 PM   #5
60 Somethings
Old Folks

Drives: 2007 Yaris LB, 2006 4Runner V8
Sounds like the time the Escrow Co. made a $100 mistake on the charges on a house we had just bought. They wanted me to send them a check.

Told them it was their job to make sure transaction numbers were correct before it closed.

If the deal's done, and now they want another $400 - no way.

Every deal goes through the Finance Manager at the dealership. If they make a mistake, it's their problem (assuming there actually is such a requirement as having to have financed it).
Old 12-31-2006, 05:46 PM   #6
gabagooo

Drives: Yaris Hatchback
Kitten, Be A Tiger!

Hey Kitten -

Don't let them bully you! If it was the other way around and you wanted to take the car back they would say no way! Like the others here have said, the deal is done. Tell them if they don't leave you alone you'll file a complaint with the BBB and the Commonwealth's Attorney General's Office. There are other Toyota dealers in and around Boston - so don't worry about service or warranty work.

Happy New Year everyone!
Old 12-31-2006, 05:58 PM   #7
punch

Drives: 2007 Yaris Sedan "D" package
Quote:
Originally Posted by KittenRD View Post
Okay, I bought my car Thursday. I paid for it, signed all the paperwork, got the license plates (title in the mail), and I got my registration. With toyota, a new graduate can get $400 off. Since I am a new college graduate, I got the $400 off. The dealer said I only need to bring my diploma in to show them....so this is what I did. Problem is...my dad got a call the next day since I was at work (and I'm not allowed to have my cell phone on) from the dealer saying that this was only if you finance the car. He said that I need to pay them $400 or bring the car back. Help. I am not paying the $400 seeing I actually paid a little more than I should have. I am also not bringing my car back since I waited 4.5 months since they freakin lost my order or something. They are so incompetent! Never use Lexington Toyota. I could get the car I want from another dealer for cheaper, but then I'd have to wait about month and a half and I have my insurance all set up....
its true it only on dealer financing, but screw them, they signed the paperwork, you own the car, to bad for them...
punch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 06:19 PM   #8
acrbill

I actually missed the part where you said the title is in the mail.

My dealer made a huge deal over the survey. They said that when I get it I should go down to them and fill it out, if I had any problems at all I should give them a chance to redeem themselves. They said they would fill my gas tank for my troubles.
Old 12-31-2006, 08:32 PM   #9
hasher22
Look mum no stars!!

Drives: Toyota Yaris 06
Send a message via MSN to hasher22
Yup everything is signed, no going back now...... :) car is yours
Old 12-31-2006, 08:34 PM   #10
Blenjar

Drives: Black Yaris 07 HB
Send a message via AIM to Blenjar
hahah hey I did the same..i graduated from a 18 month college..transfering to a new one this Jan for my BS..anyway yea I feel you..I made him call my school to know if I graduated..
dude if hes bitching that bad..just finance for $400 and pay it off on the first month..lol

-- Blen
Blenjar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 02:07 AM   #11
sewid
Aussie Yaris Nut

Drives: AUSDM Yaris YRS
Contracts work both ways. You signed the contract based on the price in that contract. You are under no obligation to pay any more.
sewid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 02:51 PM   #12
eflb55
its EF LB 55

Drives: Toyota Yaris 2007 Sedan (US)
Ha you just screwed the dealership out of $400. Thats some damn good haggling.
eflb55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 02:51 PM   #13
KittenRD

Quote:
Originally Posted by acrbill View Post
I actually missed the part where you said the title is in the mail.

My dealer made a huge deal over the survey. They said that when I get it I should go down to them and fill it out, if I had any problems at all I should give them a chance to redeem themselves. They said they would fill my gas tank for my troubles.
I am going to give them hell on the survey. I plan to also give a call to the headquarters too.
Old 01-01-2007, 02:53 PM   #14
KittenRD

Thanks a ton. I didn't think we were obligated to pay anything, but I wanted a second opinion. I have to go Wednesday to get my inspection sticker which is going to suck.
Old 01-02-2007, 12:02 AM   #15
mutatio

Drives: Flint Mica AT Sedan
technically they shouldn't have offered you the discount without the financing going thru toyota (not the dealership's 3rd party lenders), but as noted, if it's in writing and they didn't do it right on their end, it's their problem. hell, one guy i talked to tried to bullshit me about the deal by telling me that i needed to have graduated recently (the offer also extends to people who will be graduating in the next 6 months) and that i needed to be working in a degree related job (complete BS, the offer simply says u have to be employed within 120 days of the deal being arranged).

btw, did u pay MSRP?

Last edited by mutatio; 01-02-2007 at 03:32 AM.
mutatio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 12:30 AM   #16
acrbill

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittenRD View Post
Thanks a ton. I didn't think we were obligated to pay anything, but I wanted a second opinion. I have to go Wednesday to get my inspection sticker which is going to suck.
Don't take the Yaris!
Old 01-02-2007, 10:15 PM   #17
KittenRD

Quote:
Originally Posted by mutatio View Post
technically they shouldn't have offered you the discount without the financing going thru toyota (not the dealership's 3rd party lenders), but as noted, if it's in writing and they didn't do it right on their end, it's their problem. hell, one guy i talked to tried to bullshit me about the deal by telling me that i needed to have graduated recently (the offer also extends to people who will be graduating in the next 6 months) and that i needed to be working in a degree related job (complete BS, the offer simply says u have to be employed within 120 days of the deal being arranged).

btw, did u pay MSRP?
I paid like $700 below MSRP (after that rebate).
Old 01-03-2007, 12:38 AM   #18
KSIbucky

Drives: 2007 Yaris manual dark silver
Send a message via AIM to KSIbucky Send a message via MSN to KSIbucky
your going to be stuck with this dealer for a while they will tell you a lot of bull and in the end you probably couldve just gone to the owner and made a deal
Blitz exhaust
Megan Lowering Springs
(Next is DC Header)
KSIbucky is offline   Reply With Quote