Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Old 12-27-2010, 08:50 PM   #1
CueBall
Ruler of the free world

Drives: 09 Yaris 2D HB
BASIC remote entry questions

I have read the posts here about remote entry insallation. Also reference Dan Q's page (see here):
http://home.comcast.net/~dquicker1/s...ess_Entry_DIY/

I have the Viper 211HV. Connects exactly like the Valet 712T (same color wires for same connections per Dan Q's) Perhaps these are both made by Directed electronics?
That being said, mine also has several other wires not lised in Dans install. (see skipped/missing numbers in Dans wire harness H#'s) Probably because they aren't used.
That's where my questions come in...
1. Horn, lights, lock, unlock; should ALL output signals be (-) negative/ground/earth for the yaris?
2. Is it necessary to connect the H1/7(lock GND) and H1/9(unlock GND) to ground? Wouldn't this be handled by the H1/11(GND)? Note: there are no special ground wires for the horn or lights.
3. Lastly, I do not want/need to do programming and ignition controlled door un/locking. So, is there any need to wire the H1/15 ignition wire? (other than those two features.)

Basicly, if all I want to do is lock and unlock with the keyfob, do I need anything more than H#'s 1-5-8-10-11-12?
I dont want to tap more wires than I really need. Thanks.
CueBall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 09:15 PM   #2
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
1. Yes - All three are negative outputs.

2. The lock/unlock relay ground wires do need to be connected, as they are typically not commoned with the primary ground internally. You can verify that if you have a multimeter. If H1/7 and H1/9 show continuity to H1/11 then you can skip connecting them.

3. Try it. Since the doors can be locked and unlocked with the ignition off, it should work.
Old 12-27-2010, 11:02 PM   #3
CueBall
Ruler of the free world

Thank you Scott.
1. I will switch the park light output to (-).
2. I did not get continuity, I will be attaching this wire.
3. I will report my findings after install.
Old 01-03-2011, 02:39 PM   #4
CueBall
Ruler of the free world

It is confirmed, the Viper 211HV connects exactly like the Valet 712T.
I had some wires in the connectors in my car not shown in the pics, so it was a little confusing.
The yellow wire is only needed for programming and ingnition controled door un/locking.
I left this wire in the fuse box so I could jumper it if I want to program later.
Old 01-05-2011, 02:23 PM   #5
CueBall
Ruler of the free world

Scott, did you have any issues with your install not unlocking the doors if they have been locked with the door switch? I do. I used the (green & brown) wires you noted in the pic in this thread:
http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/sho...ght=valet+712t
Not sure why it does this, I can just lock it with the remote and it works fine.
Old 01-05-2011, 02:29 PM   #6
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by CueBall View Post
Scott, did you have any issues with your install not unlocking the doors if they have been locked with the door switch? I do. I used the (green & brown) wires you noted in the pic in this thread:
http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/sho...ght=valet+712t
Not sure why it does this, I can just lock it with the remote and it works fine.
With the brown wire it works correctly, where once locked from the inside, I can still unlock it with the remote. With the orange wire I saw the issue of it not unlocking with the remote.