Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Old 01-29-2011, 01:35 AM   #1
Nodrog

Drives: 2007 Yaris S
Send a message via AIM to Nodrog
Boss HU wiring questions

I hope to install this Boss HU in my 07 sedan.
Q1-I have the Metra harness, which I have connected to one of the HU's harness. The other harness has this pink wire labeled 'Front Illumination Control (+12V)' as in the pic. I'm not sure where to connect this, and the only thing I've found on the forum is this, which I have no idea what it means;
"Radio Illumination green + radio harness"
Any ideas where to connect this wire?

Q2- I have the brown 'brake' wire, which I understand from the forums can be connected to a ground instead of the brake (it's a very short wire) to be able to watch video 'all the time'. Is this correct?

Thanks so much for any help that can be offered. I was all ready to go install the HU when all the stuff arrived (bunch of eBay purchases), but this pink wire especially has stumped me...
Old 01-29-2011, 07:18 AM   #2
Tamago
Start another Oil Thread!

Drives: ZZW30
Send a message via AIM to Tamago Send a message via Yahoo to Tamago
so, the pink wire is on the Boss head unit harness? somewhere in your installation guide, they should give a better description of what this wire does.. is the green wire on the metra harness? if so, i'd connect the green metra to the pink Boss

Q2, yes, the brown brake wire is to be hooked to "ground" via your ebrake switch (but in your case you want to watch movies all the time, so i'd say you should simply ground it)

what is the model number of your boss hu?
I hate people like you (xbgod) because your the reason I don't come to this board. You spout nonsense and lies and people who don't know any better hold you in high regards because they can't tell the wheat from the chaff.
you nailed it sir.
Tamago is offline   Reply With Quote